My Verizon site is awful
Benjamins1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Verizon site is awful. I want to:

Num 1. CHANGE THE OLD EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE IN MY ACCOUNT.  The site won't let me. Says error....

Num 2. I want the cell phone number REMOVED from my account. Period. It won't let me - says error...

I NEVER should have given the customer rep my cell # during our month long ordeal to get our DSL ordered, then to get it running. The darn reps called me back on my cell after I told them NOT TO CALL. I have pay as you go. They continued to call my cell instead of my land-line.

I called customer service today and the rep said he made the changes that I wansted, i.e. put in my new Verizon DSL email address & remove my soon-to-be-defunct dial-up email address and also remove my cell phone.

Well, I just got on My verizon and surprise, surprise, my cell number is still there AND my old dial-up email address is still in there.

Why bother having a user account website if it won't let you make changes?? So, guess I'll have to call customer support AGAIN!! They are not very helpful.

Not a happy camper!

P.S. Just received delivery of a 3rd modem. Got an email when they sent 2nd one because they said I had contacted tech support and it was a replacement for defective one. I NEVER CALLED TECH SUPPORT. THE PROBLEM WAS THAT VERIZON NEVER BUILT THE SOFTWARE TO GET US OUT OF OUR DSL LOOP. I knew this from talking to neighbors who are all involved with this new DSL deployment.

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon site is awful
Benjamins1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a followup. Yesterday, finally I was able to change my primary email address from my defunct dial-up to my new verizon email address.

However, I still can not remove the cell-phone number from my profile - it still gives me an error. Guess it doesn't really matter because I have now blocked any calls getting through on my cell unless you are in my contacts.

It does still bug me that I can not update my profile on My Verizon site as I see fit.

0 Likes