My Verizon will no longer work with Google Chrome
SUDY3
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I try to log into My Verizon from Google Chrome, my preferred browser, I get an annoying error message that

pops up every time I close it. It won't even let me close the Browser because it keeps popping up.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon will no longer work with Google Chrome
Hubrisnxs
Legend
tns
Master - Level 2

I know it was broken yesterday and into the wee hours this morning for all browsers.  I don't use Chrome.  But id does appear to be working for Firefox and IE9 this morning, at least for me in NY suburb

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i am in google on the myverizon page now, i only use chrome.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
SUDY3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Resetting Chrome worked.  Thanks so much!

road_rider
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a very useful answer. I have changed some settings in Chrome out of necessity. Re-setting them to the defaults might make the Verizon site work but would re-activate the problems that caused my to change the default settings in the first place. The anser that's needed is what changes to the default settings cause the site to break with Chrome. And if anyone from Verizon is listening - this situation represents unbelievable incompetence.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

That they couldn't give a one size fits all for all the millions of people who made custom changes to their browser?

I Think you would be better served taking note of your changes, resetting it, and then reactivating and testing the changes one by one to see where the incompatibility lies.   And then make a value judgement based on that information as to whether you need that change more so than you need the use of the site?

Alternatively, try running Verizon in Incognito mode, and see if it works fine, and maybe that is a good enough work around for you until you can nail it down further. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

SUDY3,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

I keep getting pop up"wait" or "kill page" with chrome.

Other tech support staff have suggested to use another browser! Not an answer?

0 Likes