My account was randomly assigned a 2nd additional account number from an out of state business
Zooper1

I've had my Internet only Fios account for over 2 years, nothing has ever been changed with it. A couple of weeks ago when I go to pay the bill, it gives an error and can't load the billing info. Try again a few days later, same problem so I start a support chat. I copy and paste the account number shown on my account profile screen and the chat rep says that it doesn't exist. She looks up my account by address and gives XXX as my account. When I look up my past payment confirmation emails, the account number matches what the rep says and not what my screen says. A couple of weeks goes by of trying countless hours and support people, nobody has a clue but I'm finally able to make a payment by phone. I get the email confirmation, and it looks like it was applied to the phantom account, not my real account. Now when digging more when logging in online, it let me look at my billing history and it's showing 2 accounts combined, my real info and amounts that aren't mine. It let me download one of the unfamiliar bills from July and it is apparently a retail store's business account from VA (I'm in PA). Somehow, this store's business Fios account has been merged with my residential account and it's completely screwing up my billing and ability to pay online or by phone. I need a direct contact for a support person or department with the actual capability to fix this, by email preferably. I've already spent over 10+ hours in chats and on the phone, mostly in long hold times to only be told it's the wrong department and passed on to another over and over.

0 Likes
Re: My account was randomly assigned a 2nd additional account number from an out of state business
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Zooper1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes