My std box quit working
driftman

I have been a Verizon customer for almost 3 years and I called yesterday to try to see what could be the problem, I need a new box they said they could send me out a new one on will be here on Tuesday, called billing and asked for a had box to be sent knew that I would be charged for the new box. But what I didn't know I would be charged for the shipping and handling of the new box. I live in Pittsburgh pa, everyone in  Pittsburghers know how hard it to park there, I told her I did not want to pay for the box to be shipped, they the charged would have to be paid. This is the first time I have been a unhappy Verizon customer.  I live the service My wife lives Verizon, I am always looking for the best value in what I  am being charged. I never thought I would be paying over 140 for service. I am really not happy with them right now and I will be weighing My options in the next few days and weeks

0 Likes
Re: My std box quit working
PJL
Master - Level 3

@driftman wrote:

I have been a Verizon customer for almost 3 years and I called yesterday to try to see what could be the problem, I need a new box they said they could send me out a new one on will be here on Tuesday, called billing and asked for a had box to be sent knew that I would be charged for the new box. But what I didn't know I would be charged for the shipping and handling of the new box. I live in Pittsburgh pa, everyone in  Pittsburghers know how hard it to park there, I told her I did not want to pay for the box to be shipped, they the charged would have to be paid. This is the first time I have been a unhappy Verizon customer.  I live the service My wife lives Verizon, I am always looking for the best value in what I  am being charged. I never thought I would be paying over 140 for service. I am really not happy with them right now and I will be weighing My options in the next few days and weeks

If your STB is not working and Verizon replaces it, you will not be charged for it if it is shipped to you.  If you upgrade (versus getting a replacement for a defective STB) the STB to a 7232DVR from a 6XXX DVR you will be charged a shipping fee of $40 -- unless your subscription package requires the ability to view MPEG4 channels, in which case it is free and can be handled via the STB main menu.