My verizon - the worst web site?
tim3327
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone else noticed that my verizon and verizon net mail is the worst designed web application. I have nevered used another app as frustrating as this one. The actual phone internet and wireless services are great and that is why I am a customer but the web apps are terrible. Just feel like a company as large and advanced as verizon should be able to develop a dependable front end web app were you do not need 10 different passwords to log in to ten different sites to access your information. It should all be loaded to one site for customer convenience.

Re: My verizon - the worst web site?
palandis

I agree.  I particularly find it annoying that support instructions (whether html or pdf) do not correspond with actual website links (e.g. the instructions say to click on some link on the left menu, but there is no left menu and the link is nowhere to be found anywhere on the page).  There are also a number of places where you sign in to do something or fill in a pop-up to enter an area code and then the exact same page is loaded for you to try it all over again.  (The latter happens for me in the Contact Us page, so I can't even get a number to call for the problems I am having.)  I also have problems like you with the repeated requests for username and password.  I was even asked to enter a password for a username that was older and when I didn't remember the password, I clicked on the links to change it only to be brought back to the same entry page and my just-changed password didn't work (no error, but just continuously looping to enter it again). 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think it's the worst web site, but I think it has a lot of room for improvement.

As the other comments show, there are a lot of messages and buttons that are mutually inconsistent.  And the management of the single unified user account still has a lot of bugs.

All in all, it looks like it's being managed by a bureaucracy, and not by a single webmaster.  I suspect that if you look below the surface, you'll find that it's a bunch of different websites loosely linked to each other.  And I also suspect that coordination between the different webmasters to give the client a seamless unified experience is in its early stages.  They themselves have made reference to "growing pains".

I wish they had more "guinea pigs", people who would actually go through the websites the way you and I do.  Then they would verify some of our complaints for themselves.

I'm inclined to be patient, but I wish they would come to maturity faster.  I'm speaking here of organizational maturity rather than individual maturity. 

If I were asked by a random person what is the worst website I have ever seen I would instantly say verizonwireless.com! 

I have stuck with verizon no matter how many times there customer service stonewalled me on everything and gave me wrong information last month which resulted in me having to use a temporary line for the next few months at my own cost. They have the least suckiest service of any of the wireless companies which is why I have stuck with them. 

They have no idea how to program a website and obviously have a huge disconnect from the customer in development. Typically I type in the url for the website and go browse around the internet or maybe stream a few youtube videos while I wait for the website to load each page. As a developer for a company that makes a web-based program that handles thousands of vehicles that upload gps coordinates every few seconds, I can tell you that it is not impossible to create code that is streamlined and capable of handling large amounts of traffic.

Bar-none this website is the slowest stone-age website I have ever seen. If verizon were "managed by a bureaucracy" it would improve dramatically! 

0 Likes
ordinaryuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It requires too many password.

It is a stupid interface. I tried to send a simple message using their e-mail and it decided that I used  "special characters"

Presumably verizon understands the number of letters in the English alphabet?

0 Likes
nj1958
Enthusiast - Level 3

how nice, a friendly reminder from a verizon.....employee!!

we are all aware of what this forum is for. to help people show YOU people at verizon how badly you are doing in many areas.

wake up!! how dare you chastize anyone for complaining about the awful service verizon offers!

here's the latest, order verizon and get DVR free for life. this offer was supposedly going to end last year but continues and if you want it you have to cancel service for minimum of 3 months to get this deal. i have been a verizon subscribet since the beginning and I can't have this deal??? moving on

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@nj1958 wrote:

how nice, a friendly reminder from a verizon.....employee!!

we are all aware of what this forum is for. to help people show YOU people at verizon how badly you are doing in many areas.

wake up!! how dare you chastize anyone for complaining about the awful service verizon offers!

here's the latest, order verizon and get DVR free for life. this offer was supposedly going to end last year but continues and if you want it you have to cancel service for minimum of 3 months to get this deal. i have been a verizon subscribet since the beginning and I can't have this deal??? moving on

Actually, it's a friendly reminder from a forum moderator, not a Verizon employee. Verizon employees are identified with Employee status.

Secondly, you are confused about the purpose of the forums. They are for end users to help other end users with their issues when possible. On the front page, it says: The Verizon Community Forums are where customers help other customers. If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@nj1958 wrote:

....  we are all aware of what this forum is for. to help people show YOU people at verizon how badly you are doing in many areas.

wake up!!  ...

And all this time I thought I came here to learn something about networks and online services.  Silly me.

Nytwhatevr

I got that error message, also. I kept deleting dashes and quotation marks. All I had left was apostrophes and still "Do not use any characters."  I finally rewrote the e-mail with no contractions at all, and it went through!

0 Likes