Re: My Verizon - the worst web site?
efells
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed - the Myverizon Web email agent is not up to par -

Here are my complaints -

1.) Webmail account subject to hi-jacking - see forum thread - Email account hijacked (both local outlook and Verizon mobile emails)

2.) Spamdetector is useless - even with setting up custom filters, Spamdetector fails to send spam to proper folder.

3.) Spell check was written by someone with a limited vocabulary and not used to email abbreviations. Customers can not add to Spell check dictionary. This is a basic email editor feature that has been around for a longtime. 

4.) Verizon and Verizon Wireless allow for the same email id to be assigned to different customers. This is a problem I have had for sometime and I have given up hope for resolution.  

Need I go on - use gmail or some other freebie. There are a number of freebie email forwarding packages out there. And remember the day will come when you will separate from Verizon over frustration with their problems and lack of customer service or you move out of the Verizon service area. Probably not a good idea to depend on email from your ISP. 

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon - the worst web site?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@efells wrote:

... Myverizon Web email agent is not up to par ...

1.) Webmail account subject to hi-jacking...

2.) Spamdetector is useless...

3.) Spell check was written by someone with a limited vocabulary...

4.) Verizon and Verizon Wireless allow for the same email id to be assigned to different customers ...

Aside from the fact that I don't use my cell phone for email (i.e.., I use email for email and phones for making phone calls.  Old fashioned, yes, but ...), I think you've nailed it:  VZ web-based email is lowbrow.  However that's been my experience with web-based mail since Day One (or at least the early 1990s).  I've tried most of the offerings and have resorted to the MS standby, Outlook.  It's bloated, troublesome, leaky, etc., but so is my car (and my boat).

More seriously, I don't think folks should expect anything other than this type of result outside the many open source offerings (that tend to be simple and relatively bullet proof).

0 Likes
Re: My verizon - the worst web site?
KarenB60

VERIZON has the WORST web site EVER!  Everytime I go to pay my bill is down or doesn't interface with a MAC!  It is the WORST web site. . .quicker to write them a check!  You ppl need to get a professional IT service, cuz what you have BITES!

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@KarenB60 wrote:

... Everytime I go to pay my bill is down or doesn't interface with a MAC! ... quicker to write them a check! ...

Even quicker, use Auto Pay.  One time setup and then zero effort.

0 Likes
VZNYC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

am also having problems viewing my incoming calls & listening to my voicemail on the website. I tried to logon to Verizon Call Assistant & it directs me to the new VZ website but doesn't provide incoming calls or voicemail info. This used to work without fail on the old website.....  VZ  never learns.... if it isn't broke... Don't fix it!!!! I contacted online support & they said I had to clear my internet browser cache.... That does not solve the problem.....

NJ_User1

No, it is beyond the worst. The worst implies that it acturally works. Once you come to terms with the absolutely horrible and counterintuitive interface and find the page you you are looking for it simply doesn't work.

I have been unable to change any of my services because when I click the "Manage my TV" button I just get a server error popup. I takes so many clicks to find anything and the page loading is so incredibly slow that it takes the patients of Job to even get that far.

At this point I am resigned to just cancelling the service and giving Optonline a try. Soooooo frustrating that a company this size can't even keep thier own website working.

0 Likes
slothb77

The Order Services screen has cache issues.  I order one service, and i clicked through to the Confirmation screen.  But when I go to order another service, the cache gets stuck and I am defaulted to the Confirmation screen of the previous service i had ordered and was completed.  I am unable to click back to the start of the order services process.  It is so frustrating.  I am just stuck in the confirmation screen for the previous order.

0 Likes
WEBELLIII

This is the absolute worst website I have ever encountered bar none. Period!

0 Likes