MyVerizon vs. Verizon Onlin
hk11691

This is driving me crazy.

I JUST signed up for FIOS TV/Internet/FDV and created a MyVerizon account. Fine.

Now I need to access my e-mails and (hopefully) manage my phone and I need ANOTHER set of credentials (Verizon ONLINE???). Forgive me if this has been gone over repeatedly in this forum (and my bet is that it has) but I can't find it and I need to access/set-up e-mail and control the phone. On MyVerizon it says my e-mail, etc. has been deactivated.

HOW THE H*** DO I SET UP VERIZON ONLINE CREDENTIALS? (sorry for shouting).

Call them? Maybe it's me, but there seem to be so many different ways to "contact" Verizon that I'm sure I'll choose the wrong one. I just thought it would be easier here.

Also, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks for any help.

HK

0 Likes
Re: MyVerizon vs. Verizon Onlin
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You can reach Verizon in various ways here:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
hk11691

Well, I appreciate the link but I've already been around and around with that one.

Online help says that my "Verizon Online" credentials were created during the "Account Setup" portion of my installation.

Really???

I don't recall doing that.

I guess I'll have to try contacting support by e-mail or waiting until Chat is available.

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

That's the problem with the V* sites, they are too confusing.  Additionally, they don't seem to work with IE8 (even with compatibiliy).  I have to use Firefox for the V* sites.  I wouldn't bother with chat, it's a terrible experience right now, they wasted over 50 minutes of my time. I actually called in while I waited on the chat agent.  The phone agent gave me a resolution within 5 minutes of talking with me, though it did take about ten minutes to get to him.  You're better off calling and waiting for a phone agent..

But then again, I've been in that ridiculous loop with FIOS TV where it tells me on screen that I can order something from my tv, then it tells me to go to the website which then tells me to call an 800 number which points me back to the website...DirecTV was never this bad. 

Sadly, I can't get the DirecTV HD signal, so I'm stuck with this cf... I may have to just suck it up with my picture quality fetish and go to cable...but then again, my only choice there is Cox, which isn't really a choice either.  So I'm stuck with bad customer service, a confusing website, and forget about the In Home Agent, it's bloatware on your PC.  I had to remove it, it provided no value and bogged down my pc.  The moment I have a viable alternative to V*, I'll take it.