Need Credit Report Removal Help
ChrisAl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in 2008, I signed up for a Verizon bundle (phone, internet, DirectTV) for my house.

The thing was, my house didn't have a Verizon telephone line running to my house and it would have to be ran to my house.  I alerted Verizon that this needed to be done, and an installation date was set.

Well, over the next month, 3 installation days came, no installer ever showed up, and tech support kept saying we had service.

After a month of Verizon bills for a service I couldn't get because I didn't have a phone line to my house, I cancelled my account.

It was another month and a half to get my balance to zero, and then another month to get the return label for the 'welcome package' of dsl modem and line filters.

Flash forward to this week in 2014, after inquiring into a mortgage that pulled all three credit agencies reports, it turns out that not only was my zero balance account was sent to collections, it was reported to the credit agencies as a charge off in 2009.

This is my only negative item on my credit and it's seriously bringing my credit score down compared to the one agency that doesn't have it listed.

I have never been contacted by Verizon, or Verizon collections in phone, email, or mail to say that I owed them money (which I did not have a balance on my account), so the fact that it was reported as in collections and a charge off was a bit of a surprise.

I thought that the horrible experience that I had with Verizon was over when I cancelled my account and got the bill sorted out for a service that I never recieved, but 6 years later, this obviously poor decision on my part to sign up for Verizon service is still haunting me.

I've started all the dispute paperwork with the credit agencies and filed a complaint with the Public Utility Commission.  I'd really appriciate it if someone from Verizon could step up and assist wiping all of this from my credit report.

Re: Need Credit Report Removal Help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Need Credit Report Removal Help
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes