Need something cleared up regarding renewal
Effect

I've been out of contract for a while now and I was curious if I'd get a better deal if I renewed. I didn't at the time because I didn't want to be locked in. Looking back I should have gone for it but to late now.  I have/had the Triple Play bundle. The change I being offered  compared what I have is an upgrade in speed from 1.1/1.7 DSL (High Speed Internet Extra) to 1.1/3mbps (High Speed Internet Enhanced). Phone would stay the same and Directtv would as well. The price for the Verizon services would be at $56 from the current $71 it says I'm paying now.

My question is does that $56 lock permenantly as long as I have the service or only for a year (or two years) and then it goes up?

It's been a while since I originally got the service so I don't remember if the price I have now was the price back then or if it went up.

I ask this becaue I got done talking with an online rep and she said it was the length of time I keep my phone and internet services. I woudln't question this but she also said I'd stay month to month if I renewed and that didn't seem right at all. Here's part of the converstaion. I printed it just to be safe.

----------

Teresa(11:38:57)The new price for your bundle of $56 per month is for the length of time you keep your phone and internet services.

Teresa(11:39:18)That price only included the phone and internet portion of your bundle.

ME(11:39:27): Okay I see.

ME(11:40:33): So if I took the new price I'd just be locked in again to another 2 year contract? Teresa(11:40:54)No, your new plan will be a month to month plan.

ME(11:41:50): Oh nice. My phone number won't change either correct?

Teresa(11:42:16)No, your phone number will not change with your renewal.

-----------------

I'm confused here. The website in the "This is what you can get" section does list " with term agreement". Which is it? I don't want to be told one thing only to go through with the order and have to pay a lot of money if I move (which could happen in the next year). 

0 Likes
Re: Need something cleared up regarding renewal
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes