Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Need something cleared up regarding renewal

Effect
Contributor
Contributor

Need something cleared up regarding renewal

Message 1 of 2
(728 Views)

I've been out of contract for a while now and I was curious if I'd get a better deal if I renewed. I didn't at the time because I didn't want to be locked in. Looking back I should have gone for it but to late now.  I have/had the Triple Play bundle. The change I being offered  compared what I have is an upgrade in speed from 1.1/1.7 DSL (High Speed Internet Extra) to 1.1/3mbps (High Speed Internet Enhanced). Phone would stay the same and Directtv would as well. The price for the Verizon services would be at $56 from the current $71 it says I'm paying now.

My question is does that $56 lock permenantly as long as I have the service or only for a year (or two years) and then it goes up?

It's been a while since I originally got the service so I don't remember if the price I have now was the price back then or if it went up.

I ask this becaue I got done talking with an online rep and she said it was the length of time I keep my phone and internet services. I woudln't question this but she also said I'd stay month to month if I renewed and that didn't seem right at all. Here's part of the converstaion. I printed it just to be safe.

----------

Teresa(11:38:57)The new price for your bundle of $56 per month is for the length of time you keep your phone and internet services.

Teresa(11:39:18)That price only included the phone and internet portion of your bundle.

ME(11:39:27): Okay I see.

ME(11:40:33): So if I took the new price I'd just be locked in again to another 2 year contract? Teresa(11:40:54)No, your new plan will be a month to month plan.

ME(11:41:50): Oh nice. My phone number won't change either correct?

Teresa(11:42:16)No, your phone number will not change with your renewal.

-----------------

I'm confused here. The website in the "This is what you can get" section does list " with term agreement". Which is it? I don't want to be told one thing only to go through with the order and have to pay a lot of money if I move (which could happen in the next year). 

1 REPLY 1
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Need something cleared up regarding renewal

Message 2 of 2
(591 Views)

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title