Need to get my account straightened out
wantrefund

I recently moved (Nov. 2012) from an apartment to a house.  The apt had Verizon DSL, and the new house has FIOS. I made the first payment ($524.72) on the new account number for December, and it was applied to the account.  In January, I got a bill from Verizon for $852 - the bill said I still owed the $524.72, plus $300+ for January.  I paid the $852 to Verizon (Jan 16), and called to find out what was going on.  I was told that they had made a mistake, and that my $524.72 would be sent in a refund check.  I received the refund check on Jan 21 and deposited it.  On Jan 23, my bank account showed that the $524.72 had been removed from my account.  When I checked with the bank, they said Verizon put a stop payment on the refund check.  I called Verizon again on Jan 25 (each call averaging telling my story to at least 3 people), and finally got someone who indicated that Verizon had made a mistake, that the stop payment should not have been put on, and that had happened to a number of Verizon customers, and they were working to fix the problem.  She assured me that she would get a refund check to me within 2 weeks.  I called again on Feb 6, trying to reach this person to check on the refund check, as my 'My Verizon' online info showed no info on refunds being processed.  I was told that I could not speak to the person I had talked with before, so I finally had to ask for a supervisor.  The supervisor called me later that afternoon, and after going through the whole story again, she indicated that it looked like Verizon tried to apply the $524.72 payment again to my account, so that is why the stop payment was made, but instead of crediting that amount, they had debited it instead.  She indicated that she would get some information from the payment technicians and call me yesterday; she gave me her direct telephone number.  I did not receive a call from her yesterday, and I have tried calling her twice today, and all I get is voice mail.

I would really appreciate it if this matter could be escalated to someone with the authority to refund my $524.72 to me, so that I can pay my next bill on Feb 25 and have the account straightened out.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Need to get my account straightened out
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

wantrefund

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes