Re: Never received $300 visa prepaid card
byhumba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to a agent and the excuse was that I am receiving too many credits already and don't qualify for the prepaid card. It was useless. When I signed up it say that the price was $94/mo plus the prepaid card. Now they are saying that it was either $94/mo or the prepaid card. That's not what it said when I signed up. Completely misleading. I'll discourage as many people as I can from signing up with verizon because of the promise of a prepaid card. 

candleofthought
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have had the same issue happen. I have had to contact them almost monthly since I signed up back in July. The promotion clearly stated you get the $300 prepaid card, and no exceptions were listed. When I called to ask about this, I was told by one representative that this only applied to people whose residences were not already wired for the service and required the complete set up from start to finish. Since my home came prewired, that made me ineligble. I spoke to several people and each gave me a different excuse as to why my account was not eligible. The pricing per month was also not very clear and seemed to fluctuate. This is really disappointing and as a new fios customer, it was a let down. I had high hopes since I was forced to switch from Cox cable since my area was not serviced by Cox, who I had no issues whatsoever with for 2 years and was quite pleased with their customer service. I can't say the same about fios. Anyways, still no sign of the prepaid card, and I'm sure we won't be getting it. Very misleading advertising is all I can say at this point..

candleofthought
Enthusiast - Level 1

-

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

byhumba,

I'm glad we were able to clarify the promotions on your account. At this time we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other concerns about your service please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to investigate.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
byhumba
Enthusiast - Level 2

The promotions were never really clarified. In a way, I was just told that since my confirmation e-mail did not have anything about the prepaid visa card, I am not eligible to get one. I will maintain that when I signed up, it did not say anything about being either the card or the bill credit. The bill credit appears to be part of the bundle. Not satisfied yet...and, I will continue to discourage people from signing up with hopes of getting a prepaid Visa Card. I feel cheated by Verizon. This is how class actions begin.

Jschop38
Enthusiast - Level 3
Ironically the exact same thing happened to me nowhere in the triple play offer did it say either or as far as getting the gift card. Total **bleep**. They keep telling me I'm getting a good deal which I am but who cares when I'm not fully getting what was promised.
0 Likes
byhumba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a costumer of other companies in the past. TWC promised a prepaid card, and I got it, including discounts on my bill. Directv promised a prepaid card, and I got it, including discounts on my bill. In both occasions, I signed up online, which I mostly do. I signed up for FiOS online, and most likely there is a "glitch" in the system that puts the dicounts in lieu of the prepaid card. I repeat, the bundle (phone, tv, and internet) was $94/mo plus a visa  prepaid card. I added HD and more internet speed, so my monthly bill is $125/mo, sounds reasonable, but it also included the prepaid card, which I am told I am not eligible for. Is for things like this that #1 companies drop to #3 spots...Ask Sprint. As a matter of fact, I'm done ranting on this forum. I will get nowhere here. What I need is an address, not a phone number, which is useless, or an e-mail address, but a physical address where I can send a letter making my disatisfaction known. Please provide that address here or in private. Thank you.

Jschop38
Enthusiast - Level 3
I was originally told I wasn't eligible for the visa gift card, then from a different person told I CHOSE the $35 discount for 24 months instead of the visa gift card. Well it can't be both (I can't be in eligible and not chose the gift card that makes no sense). Total **bleep** and I will not recommend fios to anyone I know or who asks about it.
0 Likes
Rachel20131

I've had service since June and was promised the giftcard would be mailed September.  Well it's November and I'm being told December.  I think they are scamming us.  I don't know anyon that's actually received this "giftcard".  Verizon serivce sucks too.

0 Likes
byhumba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now in the process of writing letters. If I don't get my visa prepaid card, I'll keep sending letters, even to the CEO of Verizon if necessary...I'm sure I can find his address online. LOL. I'll keep you guys posted.

0 Likes