Re: Never received $300 visa prepaid card
msferns

Will i ever get this card?!!! its been 4 months now, nothing. and i either cant get through to someone at verizon or cant get a response via email.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello msferns

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jillbutton2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for the $300 visa gift card as well and received service starting in June of this year (5 months now).  I just assumed I would receive the gift card in the mail.  When I originally called I was told I would it would take two months.  Life got busy and I forgot about it until my most recent bill.  From reading all the posts it looks like I should have received a post card or e-mail, I didn't receive either.  What is the process from here?  Anyone know?  Thanks, Jill

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello jillbutton2

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
djs01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread. I signed up for a two-year contract on Verizon's website expecting a $300 gift card offer as promised, and never got any notification or documentation of the offer. After waitng 3 months, I talked to customer support and they just insist I have no gift card offer and had offering no other explanation.

After looking at the signup process again, I can see it has been changed since I signed up in July, but is still deceptive. If I select the rebate, but then deselect phone service, the rebate goes away (if you bother to scroll back up to the top of the page). At the time I signed up, I was playing with different options after having selected the $300 rebate, and decided not to pay the extra $10 for phone service. And behold, now I have a useless 2 year contract and no rebate, and this seems pretty close to fraud.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello djs0

0 Likes
jillbutton2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue says it was resolved in a private area, it wasn't.  {please keep it relevant}.  Interesting.  I was scammed.  I was told I was getting a $300 gift card for signing up for the bundle and now am being told that I am getting a monthly discount instead of the gift card.  That is not what I signed up for, nor is it what I was told.  I am paying more for monthly service with verizon with this so called discount than I was with my prior provider. I am outraged.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

msferns,

We have close your private support case due to no response. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
byhumba
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like it was mostly the people that signed up over the late Spring to mid Summer that were affected. I tried placing a dummy order for verizon services, and this time, the prepaid card does not get dropped. I'm still trying...have not received a reply for the letters I am writing yet. I will keep writing to them until they accept it was their mistake and not mine.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jillbutton2,

We are going to be closing your case. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you. Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes