Never received my promotional $100 Amazon Gift Card... 4 months now since "registering" for it
baggytheo

I ordered service in late December 2018 under the promotion to receive 1 year of free Amazon Prime and also a $100 Amazon gift card.

I received the "Go ahead and redeem your Verizon reward" email from Verizon on February 14th, and promptly clicked through to "register" to receive my reward.  I then checked the status of my reward claim several times over the following months to see the same generic message that I had successfully registered and my reward was being processed for delivery, however it has now been 4 MONTHS since then and I still never received the card... and also the link to check the status of my reward claim no longer even shows up in my account dashboard.

What is going on with this? I have seen so many other customers complaining with this same issue. This should have been easy; the fact that we even had to "register" to receive the reward when Verizon already has all of our personal information, instead of just receiving the card automatically after paying X months worth of service bills, just smacks of a cynical attempt to avoid having to pay out these incentives by making people jump through additional hoops and hoping that some percentage of customers fail to do so. Apparently, Verizon is not even paying these out to everyone who HAS jumped through the hoops, instead leaving many of us to sit around waiting for months before getting fed up and having to spend even more of our own personal time to chase them down about it and ensure they follow through on their obligations.

This is the latest of several bad experiences I have had with Verizon from the very beginning, and as a customer of only 6 months, I am really starting to loose faith in the company at this point. I don't feel respected as a customer, I don't feel that the company is trustworthy, and if this issue is not resolved swiftly and painlessly, it will be my last straw with Verizon before switching to another provider.

0 Likes
Re: Never received my promotional $100 Amazon Gift Card... 4 months now since "registering"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi baggytheo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes