New Agreement Pricing
peccatumDei
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is just plain frustrating.  My old two year agreement expired, and when I logged in today, the website offered me a new two year agreement, same services, at a substantially lower price.  I accepted, but now it's shwing that the new agreemet is the same price per month as the old one.  Why did Verizon lie to me?  The difference is about $25./ month.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Agreement Pricing
jonjones1
Legend

@peccatumDei wrote:

This is just plain frustrating.  My old two year agreement expired, and when I logged in today, the website offered me a new two year agreement, same services, at a substantially lower price.  I accepted, but now it's shwing that the new agreemet is the same price per month as the old one.  Why did Verizon lie to me?  The difference is about $25./ month.

Possibly not showing discounts. However considering the contract was up Verizon didn’t raise your monthly rate. So being at par is something to be happy about.

and what ever you do just don’t call or chat with Verizon you may see the bill increase as a “mistake” 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@peccatumDei wrote:

Possibly not showing discounts. However considering the contract was up Verizon didn’t raise your monthly rate. So being at par is something to be happy about.

and what ever you do just don’t call or chat with Verizon you may see the bill increase as a “mistake” 

0 Likes
Frustrated1959

I was with Verizon for one year and my bill went up. Verizon totally doesn't care about their customers. Their service sucks. Internet, Tv, and Phone. I'm switching back to Cox.

0 Likes
Unfair1

I was told today by a Verizon live chat representative that I was “manipulated” by the Verizon tech who came to our house. After being told this, the chat rep wouldnt even allow me to speak with a supervisor. He said it was against company policy to speak with the supervisor.

Last week I agreed to renew my contract last saturday for the price of $141 and was sent a confirm via email. Today after the tech left from installing the upgraded 1GB service,  I got an email saying the price is $178 monthly.  I contacted verizon through chat, thinking that it was a simple mistake and the price will be the previously agreed upon price of $141.03 that was written down on the email. They informed me that the Tech “manipulated” me and changed the contract. I told them nothing has changed except for the price. To further rub salt into the wound the initial phone rep I renewed my service with also blantly lied to me and said they will manually wave the $99 tech home visit fee if I agree to renew during our call.  I am very dissapointed that on multiple levels VERIZON was so brash about lying to me over the phone, then the tech apparently manipulated me and the chat representative purposely tried to confuse me so that I would leave him alone.  Astonishing that this is how VERIZON treats someone who has been a wireless cusotmer for 17 years and a fios one for the past 9.  Will be cancelling my service at 8am tomorrow morning.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Unfair,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes