New Customer pricing versus existing loyal customers
nomorePPV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for 2 years and I wanted to change my internet service to a higher speed.  I found out that the advertised price on the Verizon website is for new customers not existing loyal customers.  The price was 39.99 per month for internet only service but for me the existing customer it was 54.99.  So, I am going to cancel my service and go to another provider.  It seems like it would make more sense to try and keep existing paying customers, but that aprears not to  be the case.  My ideal resolution would be to get the new customer price. 

0 Likes
Re: New Customer pricing versus existing loyal customers
nycdude88
I am in the same boat. I called Verizon and they said they dont care if I switch providers to get new customer price, which is what i will have to do (We have Optimum as competition). My guess is that will be more agreeing once you actually call to actually cancel the service. What amazed me is my rep actually said they need to install a new ONT to get faster FIOS service (From 75 to 100) when i asked about speed increase, which makes absolutely zero sence, as i know people with the same exact ONT on 150 Mpbs Plan. Either way, the only way is switching providers giving Verizon $0 for the transit time until we can renew at new customer rate
0 Likes
Re: New Customer pricing versus existing loyal customers
heymelo27

The old ONT has only a 100MB Ethernet port. So the new one probably has gigabit to support the higher speeds b

0 Likes