New contract woes...don't want 2 year
1jazzylady

My fios triple bundle ends this week. I was thinking of renewal but existing customers have to pay more than new customers. I wanted the triple bundle for the 99.00 that is advertised but was told that is only for new customers, I would have to pay 129.99 and sign a 2 year contract. I have been paying the 129.99 for one year.  I don't get a break. I only  want to sign a one year contract but told it is either month to month or 2 years. Customer service dictates that you would try to keep people who have been loyal and paying lots of money for your service happy. By reading the blogs I will check out vontage for phone and comcast and dish for other services. I see there are lots of people who are unhappy with Verizon. I was happy, I even used to have my cellphone with them. My friend said go basic and month to month but they charge you an extra 20.00 a month, that is not customer friendly.

0 Likes
Re: New contract woes...don't want 2 year
prisaz
Legend

@1jazzylady wrote:

My fios triple bundle ends this week. I was thinking of renewal but existing customers have to pay more than new customers. I wanted the triple bundle for the 99.00 that is advertised but was told that is only for new customers, I would have to pay 129.99 and sign a 2 year contract. I have been paying the 129.99 for one year.  I don't get a break. I only  want to sign a one year contract but told it is either month to month or 2 years. Customer service dictates that you would try to keep people who have been loyal and paying lots of money for your service happy. By reading the blogs I will check out vontage for phone and comcast and dish for other services. I see there are lots of people who are unhappy with Verizon. I was happy, I even used to have my cellphone with them. My friend said go basic and month to month but they charge you an extra 20.00 a month, that is not customer friendly.

Call during normal business hours and tell the service rep that before you start canceling or cutting services you need to speak to someone in the Retention department.

0 Likes