No $300 Visa Card/Bad DVRs/Lousy Service
Ducman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a follow to my post of about 6 months ago in which Verzion claimed the situation was resolved. Not.

About a year ago we switched from Comcast due to high cost and seemingly indifference to our departure from them. We signed up for the two year contract and $300 Visa card. Things started out ok. We waited the appropriate amount of time to receive the card. It never came. I called about it and was told we didn't sign up for that. Excuse me! I asked to speak with a manager and was told one would return my call. It never came. I called again and was told that they would look into it and get back to me. Not. I then posted to the forum. Verizon replied to that saying someone would contact me. Never happened. I called one more time and spoke to a very nice person who said all sign ups are recorded so, that could be used for verification. She said she'd follow up "next Friday". Guess what. In addition, Verizon posted on the forum that our issue was resolved. Again, Not.

As for DVRs...we've had FOUR in a year. It had been a pain reprogramming the shows I record but in getting our last replacement was told "oh, just back up the Record Manager". It took four replacements before I found out about that. But when I got the last DVR there were no directions in the box or in the DVR menu list which explained how to retrieve my recording schedule. I had to go through two Verizon techs before finding out how to do that.

And now we can't get to Verizon's home page without first going through an advertisement.

I will say that we had a couple of bill problems which were taken care of.

We were with Comcast for years and had only ONE DVR replaced in that time. Yes, we had occasional bill problems as you'd have with any company but they were resolved.

Result; Verizon wins but loses a customer. We can't wait for this next year to be over with so we can go back to Comcast. Yes, we could cancel our contract but in this day and time every penny counts.

Very dissatisfied.

Re: No $300 Visa Card/Bad DVRs/Lousy Service
ACCiNEED
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having same exact issue with Visa Card and just being told  NO , and resolved to them.  And like you can not wait to get out of this contract.  I much rather move  to a new place that doesn't get service by them so I have an out then to wait another 1.5years with them, never thought I would say it but I miss Time Warner, and also have to listen to my girlfriend complain every day now for another year when using Fios they are making two unhappy customers for life.

0 Likes
Ducman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really sorry to hear you've experienced the same and that this bait and switch tactic continues.

I did say I was done with FIOS and going back to COMCAST in a year but thought I might get a reply from them saying gee, sorry or something. I guess they figure why bother, I'll be around for another year.

Any kind of reply/comment VERIZON?

0 Likes
vsuarez

I also was under the impression that verizon would be prompt about sending out a 300$ prepaid visa giftcard. I asked about it numerous times within the first three months of service and was assured everytime that on the 90th day it should be in the mail or soon to be in the mail. Hoever today I paid my last payment and did not recieve any type of notification or email letting me know it was on the way so i decided to call. I spoke to someone and told them my situation...they switched over and spoke to someone in the 'visa prepaid giftcard department" and came back to tell me that i had never been put into the system for it. they then put me into the system and let me know that i would be recieving a 200$ giftcard in the mail within the next 30 days. I would call and try to talk to someone who cares what you are saying...it took me a couple tried to get someone to actaully help. I am however not pleased with the fact that it is 200$ and not 300$ but 200$ is better then nothing. I am still on the phone with verizon and am going to try to make it a 300$ gift card like promised. I was told it was lowered because of my internet speed, but when i got verizon it said nothing about that. the promation stated that FIRST TIME VERIZON CUSTOMERS WHO SIGN UP FOR A 2 YEAR AGREEMENT AND SIGN UP FOR THE VERIzON FIOS TRIPLE PLAY WOULD RECEIVE A 300$ VISA GIFT CARD. so...I am going to shoot for that. I hope this helped you... VERIZON WAS VERY HELPFUL WHEN I CALLED THEY DID ASSURE ME THAT THE CARD WOULD BE MAILED OUT LATER THEN EXPECTED BUT STILL MAILED OUT. IT IS POSSIBLE YOU WERE NOT PUT INTO THE SYSTEM AND IN THAT CASE YOU NEED TO CALL AND MAKE SURE THE PERSON HELPING YOU TALKS TO THEIR PROMOTION DEPRATMENT...YOU MIGHT NOT BE SIGNED UP FOR THE CARD AND IT COULD BE AS SIMPLE AS ASSISTING THEM IN SIGNING YOU UP FOR WHAT YOU WERE PROMISED....GOODLUCK!!

0 Likes
vsuarez

CORRECTION: I do not know if a 200$ gift card was sent out, it seems like i was lied to numerous times however after ABOUT 4-5 HOURS on the phone i was finally able to speak to someone who was able to assure me that no matter what i would recieve the 300$ promised to me! I will either reicieve a gift card or recieve 300$ taken off from my verizon bills. Sometimes the person who signed you up does not put you in for a verizon visa and in this case in some situations they can do nothing about that....however if you really put your time into and put in a fight you will reach someone who can help in some way it took me about 10 people, 2 disconnections, many transfers and alot of hours, but i finally was able to speak to someone who could help...a person higher up a superviser or manager is the best person to speak to...SHE REALLY DID HELP ME IT SEEMS, LETS SEE IF SHE FOLLOWS THREW. i hope so. money is everything in todays world. GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL AND HAPPY HUNTING!

0 Likes
ACCiNEED
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for how you handled it, and been trying to call and talked to rep, and she explained what everyone else has been telling me, and that was when I signed up and it says on flyer for orders placed on internet for Triple plan and 2 yr follow this promotion link, and so went through and and it asked all these questions to add more on and faster speed, and extra channels and so some how they are saying I had selected to get an extra $20 a month discount on 2 yrs, instead of the visa card. I said no didn't and this is why after I ordered service I sent in a email to have record asking if I had ordered correct, and if I needed to submit anything else to make sure eligible for visa card and that no issues arise in 90 days when I should be getting it.  And my email in was nothing else needed, but call the promotions dept to verify, and I used the land line from Verizon which only time I use the line is to call into Verizon dealing with this, other then that never use line.  But it shows on my Verizon call log calling into promotions dept, and  rep said nope just pay bill on time for next two months and automatically will send out to you.   Well never came and like you was told didn't sign up for it, and they came tell me you got a conformation email that you verified that showed was not on my order.  So after searching never found this email so called in and talked to rep told story and she read notes on my record, and like the rest she tells me on specific dates I have already been told NO, NOT ELIGIBLE for it, and I said in understand that you all said NO 13 times now, but I still am stuck in contract, you wont let me out of it without paying penalty of $230. Stated to her never got this email everyone says I confirmed, so supervisor got on, and he was able to send me this email again, and when I received it, and saw I, it is clear by this summary of order that I was not getting visa card, and showed this discount instead, and explained if I had received this back when you all said I did I would have at that time got out of contract since have 30 days by your policy to get out without penalty and or would have maybe changed plan, but now we are 140 days and now stuck in contract and if I received this email summary I would not be fighting with you and being told 14 times now that not eligible.  So since you wont get me a visa card and I never got this summary which clearly shows what I  ordered, why can you just let a **bleep** off customer out of contract without penalty, or rather have someone who over next two years tell everyone, and have to listen to his girlfriend complain about service, and just get more upset and telling this story over and over again every time someone ask if I like service for rest of the two year contract then so be, and I still keep fighting with them about it.   I have been piling up every week the flyers that come that change visa card dollar amount, and contract price is always different, and so you wonder why people are having issues with this promotion. I also called to get price guarantee they said would honor during contract and said month later receive promotion showing $100 more in visa card, and monthly triple price is stating $84.99, and I signed up for $99 and only $200 visa card, so how do I get this matched, and rep that was talking to pulled up and said that promotion I was looking at was at the slowest internet speed, and I had two levels higher speed, and also stated he could lower speed and match the price, but my contract would start over from today, so two more years, CRAZY!!!!!   UGH so have filed complaint with FTC, and now will put one into BBB.   They did tell me couldn't waive contract penalty but could put on the rest of my contract extra $10 off a month promotion for not leaving Verizon, well I said I am not going to say NO, but instead of the $150 that will add up to, can't you just get me out of contract so I can leave and go back to TIME WARNER!   NO, sorry so I was now up to 15 times have been told NO NO NO, not getting visa card and my $99 promotion 2yr Triple Play Contract  that I signed up for, and my  monthly bill is $147 after all the promo discounts, and other retention promo they added to my account, would have actually if I had got VIsa Card and not discount, this would raise monthly bill to $178....SO NO THIS ISN'T BAIT OR SWITCH OR THIS IS NOT FALSE ADVERTISEMENT it is just fine print and confusing add on services, and special discount, and didn't read the instructions that were on the internet when ordered service, so it is my fault and again NO not getting card, but anything thing else I can help you with, they always ask me , and I always state never helped me with first issue, so no I don't have anything else, just same thing I called and email and been told no about is still not solved!   UGHHJHHHH  but still have 19 Months to fight with them on this issue, and my pile of flyers every week that I receive and will send in to them and FTC and say if I am a college graduate, who understand how to use internet and order service, and I am getting baited by Verizon to switch over and stuck with 2yr contract, I wonder how many other people or grandmothers, or some 20yr, are being taken advantage of and do not have time to fight with Verizon and just accept NO and just pay bill  out there, I know my parents, grandparents, and even my girlfriend all would just accept it and pay and never deal with it and I am sure Verizon knows this, but it is not right and so while I got free time will keep pushing my issue to who ever I can find to talk to.   

0 Likes
Re: No gift card as promised
Hollykay568
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree with everyone what a scam. I switched and first three weeks was nightmare.equipment issues, service issues, now no gift card. Have called and will be calling again tomorrow.
kitaboo813
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im in the same situation as you..........any advice......

ACCiNEED
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have never received Visa card. I called and spoke to many people and finally manager said that I confirmed my service ordered that clearly show it was not on account by email and he resent me a confirmation email that clearly showed exactly what billed each monthly with what I order. When received this email I told the rep if I first of received this email back when place order would have for sure made changes cause it clearly shows the $89.99 plan was now going to be $165 monthly and it also showed what promotions were on account. But never received this and he couldn't say I did either. I would not have been where I am now a **bleep** off customer for life if I received this summary. I then was told still to bad no Visa card and no I can not get out of my two year contract unless pay penalty. At this point told him cancel account and let them charge me the penalty. Will go from there and fight not to pay it. He then offered to discount my bill another $10month for one year. So had him discount it again as he called it a CUSTOMER RETENTION credit. But still have not received $300 Visa card promotion nor able to cancel service but now I am at point where Direct TV or Time Warner will pay termination fee I switch so now jut deciding whom to go with. I have learned lesson never go with Verizon and at every chance I tell this story over and over again cause in long run word of mouth will always hurt more then given up a Visa card as they promised. Ohhh don't get me wrong still going to fight this issue with them. But goo luck with effort hope you have better results.
0 Likes
Re: No $300 Visa Card CALL TO CANCEL offer you huge discount to stay!
ACCiNEED
Enthusiast - Level 2

This too is update to my posting from 7 months ago, and I had called and finally over the whole scam and notk getting gift card and seeing the FLYER come to the house every week offer it to new customers, and so I called and got Directv with all fees, and taxes for $54 monthly, and with a $150 Best Buy reward dollars which would receive and did already within a week!!! Yeah I am going to have to pay a termination fee but so is worth it. But first to cancel you have to call Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm, closes early on Sat and closed on Sunday.  And so if have a Mon thru Friday job it is the worst times they could make it and this is only way to cancel. Once get a hold of rep they want to know why and gave them story that I only ordered triple package for $300 visa card and I don't need home phone service and internet speed is more then I need and so before hung up offered to lower bill monthly by $30 for next 12 months, so $360..  Well I would have loved to just get a $300 visa card like supposed to so no, told her to cancel service still I inquired about internet causes still in need of this service and Directv partners with Verizon in my area and since under contract with Verizon asked about price and they wanted $79!!!!   CRAZY   SO CANCELLED service and in a few hours received email offering me another $10 a month ontop of $30 already offered to stay and so this was now $480 cut from bill over next year.   SO I SUGGEST everyone call and just try to cancel service and get savings and if they don't then cancel it they leave it on for week incase you change mind and then call back next day.  But I bet they will offer you a discount just by calling and telling them want to cancel.  They pulled up all Directv monthly plans and this is why offered me $30 month, and so just make sure look into prices so can get same discount!!!   

0 Likes