No Credit for Down Service
Erebor

Why do I always need to call Verizon and insist on getting a credit for days lost due to down service? Isn't this a shady practice? Yes, it is.

0 Likes
Re: No Credit for Down Service
jonjones1
Legend

@Erebor wrote:

Why do I always need to call Verizon and insist on getting a credit for days lost due to down service? Isn't this a shady practice? Yes, it is.

Think now...how many customers does Verizon have?

i am sure there is no way the billing computer knows if your service is out or not.

like cable they require you to call in when your service is out so that they first can document the location of the outage and secondly to note you requested a credit due to that outage. However if the service was not out in your area and the cause was due to the customer then it would not be credited.

everything has its reasons.

0 Likes
Erebor

Think now: Verizon has computers. Full of records of service running and not running. 

Think, too: Verizon has people talking to you on the phone about your service problem, and people at your house trying to solve it. I had called both customer service and the area on-site manager during the outage.  I had about four phone calls with them, before I called the manager himself.

Think, yet again: When I called them on this billing question, they pulled up my account and read the down dates to me before I ever mentioned them specifically.  They had a record of the outage to the minute. They said it was their policy not to give refunds on down time unless a customer called them.  They were very happy to give a refund, just only when asked. 

Policy not to issue refunds unless pressed: the key here is that people don't know they have to press, and just trust it will happen. I think that some responsibility  has to be carried by the company in this matter, given that they already know exactly when service was down. Betting people won't ask, people who don't know they need to ask, doesn't engender loyalty from customers. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Yep think about it most companies and not just Verizon don’t give refunds for less than 24 hour increments. And yes I have heard Verizon and others require the customer to ask for a refund due to downtime. It’s a business practice.

again do you actually THINK Verizon and other companies want the customers to know they can ask for refunds ? I don’t think so.

and as you stated they will give a refund when requested.

0 Likes