No Replacement Remote Results in Return of Rented DTR
denison4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talked to live chat. Seems you can't get a replacement remote, only pay for a new remote. Verizon won't support their equipment it seems, even if it's a remote you've had for YEARS.  I will not pay $18 for their remote.  Instead I will stay with my STB till contract expires, but send in the additional DTR which is useless without a working remote and save myself $6 per month rental charge. So for the next year I save $72 while Verizon loses that, just for trying to stick me for an additional $18 to replace the non working remote.  

Years of continual service means nothing to them either, when you see them giving the best rates always to new subscribers and not to their long term customers.  Who should be rewarded with the best rates, the people who switch service provider every year or those who stay with you?  Seems the answer is to join into the yearly switching game for the "teaser rates" offered to the unfaithful customer.

What a stupid business plan! 30 years and I still get some email on a bellatlantic.net email address, but the cheap-**bleep** approach to serving customers is finally wearing way too thin.  Fed up in Maryland.

0 Likes
Re: No Replacement Remote Results in Return of Rented DTR
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you need a new remote they are much cheaper on Ebay.

0 Likes
Re: No Replacement Remote Results in Return of Rented DTR
denison4
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks, I'll keep that in mind if another remote fails.

0 Likes