No Service Due to Storm and No Repair Due to Strike
brokenserv555

As title states a storm knocked down my line for Fios and now my phone, internet and cable television are no longer working. Spoke with Verizon and they said an installer wouldn't be able to come until the strike is over. Will I be able to terminate my services without incurring any early termination fees?

Paying for a service that I'm not recieving and will not recieve until the strike is over is unacceptable. Anyone have any experience with this? Can I be credited for any days that I don't recieve service when I ultimately terminate service? I fully understand that the SLA probably puts no guarantees on uptime but if your service provider simply cannot provide you service, I can't see how the contract can still stand.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: No Service Due to Storm and No Repair Due to Strike
mark908

Wondering the same thing. My wife and I just purcahsed our first house and moved in this past weekend. Verizon cancelled on my installation last week due to the strike and said that they didn't know when they could restore my service. Long story short, I had Comcast come out today and install. It's a shame, I loved my Fios, but at the same time, I had the Quad play with them and paid over $300 a month for their services. It's ridiculous that I would have to wait that long. I'd imagine that we can put up a fight over any fees we might incur... although I was told by SOMEONE at Verizon that I would not.

0 Likes
Re: No Service Due to Storm and No Repair Due to Strike
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

As this is an acocunt issue, only Verizon can answer your question.  But it sure would seem that you have a case for some kind of service credit -- I'd be very careful to insure you report your outage and get any kind of tracking information / ticket number / agent number / time / date, etc. that you might need to plead your case.  

0 Likes