No phone, internet or TV for a week....Verizon customer "service" beyond bad
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been a Verizon Fios customer for several years now and, by and large, have had no substantial complaints. However the measure of a company is not how they treat you when everything is going well, but rather how they treat you when there are issues. On Monday 12/9 we lost power in our N. Va neighborhood for approximately 4-5 hours. When it came back on all our services (TV, internet and phone) worked fine. Later that afternoon all three services went out. I made the assumption that, since trees had taken down some of the power lines, the fiber runs had been affected too. I opened a ticket with tech support who told me there were no area outages. I was also told they could dispatch a tech to my house on Friday. I set up that appointment with the assumption that they would later discover an area wide issue (thee were still power outages in the neighborhood). I called back later to see if there had been additional reports of outages but they claimed none had been registered for that area (which I know is inaccurate as I know of at least 2 other neighbors having issues). After several calls and chat sessions, I was advised it was probably just the OTN that needed resetting, I was advised a tech would call me that evening to walk me through the procedure. I advised the tech on the phone that I had a green system light but a red replace battery light, they indicated those were the symptoms for a need to reset the OTN. They sent me instructions on how to perform the reset which I did when I got home that evening. The upshot was the only light that now remained was the replace battery light. No one ever called as scheduled. Next day I attempted to get the service call escalated, but was told Friday was the earliest. I was also informed that the reset was probably unsuccessful because the unit had been fried.. Several issues here: 1) a week to repair a unit that has taken out all three "bundled" services is absolutely ridiculous 2) Total incompetence on the part of tech support and "customer service" whose apparently job is to close tickets and read a script 3) absolutely NO followup whatsoever. One of my favorite moments was when talking to customer service (which should really be called something else), I advised them that the better adjust my normally outrageous bill to reflect this service outage and was told "oh, you'll have to talk to billing for that.'" That was almost as good as being told I could go online to try to "solve my problems."  Hard to do with no internet working. In short,

Re: No phone, internet or TV for a week....Verizon customer "service" beyond bad
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Perfect example, posted this message this morning, not one reply. I did get a reply from an email asking for my work contact info and an time to contact, both of which I sent, of course there was no phone call.

0 Likes
Re: No phone, internet or TV for a week....Verizon customer "service" beyond bad
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a freiendly reply, if your "customer support" was doing their job I wouldn't be posting here in the first place. Also if you had bothered to read the post before using answer form your stnadard script, you would see that I have already been down that path of "visiting your support page."  No worries, I will be dissolving my "realationship" with Verizon, there are other services out there, and as much as I dislike giving Cox Communications my money,I dislike giving it to you all far more, at least after this debacle.

0 Likes