Not good to be an existing customer
brandonguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand the need to attract new customers, but come on Verizon, give your long-term customers a break!

I've had fios since it was available in the neighborhood (about 4 yrs now) and have really loved the product.    The issue now is that it's time to renew again, but to keep the similiar level of service my price is going up $10/mon!    With my DVRs and STB my bill is already $175/month for the triple play.    Back when they first started the service I think I was awarded a slightly lower monthly fee - nothing like the deals now!

It kills me to see new customers getting much lower monthly rates, plus free multi-room dvrs and stb boxes for life - that's a massive savings!   Geez verizion, at least give the existing customers the dvr/stb deal or something.   I'm almost willing pay switch back to cable with less service just for the principle of it!  Maybe i'll come back in a year to get back in good graces of verizon as a new customer again!

0 Likes
Re: Not good to be an existing customer
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I like your idea to offer progressive rewards for long time customers. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
Duxdad1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My  bill was up to $162 and going higher when the DVR credit leaves. They offered me nothing to stay so I voted with my feet and got Xfinity for $115 with 2HD and 1 DVR box, HBO and Stars free. I liked Fios but there pricing was to high, with three kids in college the $47 is better in my pocket. Would have liked to stay.

Duxdad

0 Likes
CarbonB

I totally agree.   I too just received notice my plan pricing is going up $10 per month.   I tried calling and taking advantage of the new promotions being offered - but they are only offered to new customers.

All these years I've been loyal to Verizon and nothing is showed in return.   With DVRs being offered free, this in itself is a $240 savings.

This is really disappointing.

0 Likes
pyao88

Multi-Room DVR at $20/month to lease is too expensive, when new customers can get it for free.

Lower it to $14.95, and long time customers over 3 yrs get it for $9.95/month.

However I'd like to see buy out option of $299 for the unit.

0 Likes
tkenney1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not understand why Verizon does not think it is important to keep existing customers. I have been with Verizon for almost 3yrs. I want to stay now that my contract is up but all they offer me is the same bundle with a higher price than I currently pay. When I ask about the bundles I see I get the usual new customer only talk. Can someone in Verizon answer me as to why you do not care about your existing customers? Why not offer existing customers who are out of contract that same bundles as new customers? You should consider them new customers since they have the choice to leave so why not try to keep them? Isn't it cheaper for me to keep my boxes and setup instead of sending a service person to a new customer? Again I do not want to switch services but why would I pay more to stay? Why should I feel second rate in Verizon's eyes? My money is just as good as a new customer. If Verizon does not want it than I know many other providers that would jump at it. I guess it is just time to start calling the other providers and say goodbye Verizon.

Collielover96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same with us and I agree with you 100% 

0 Likes
dipidj

Has any one been succesful with negotiations regarding reduced monthly rates for being a good standing long term customer of Verizon FIOs, bundled deals?  Each call to customer service ends in frustration and a feeling of complete helplessness as Verizon price gouges those who have been good standing customers.  NOT expecting to get the same introductory offer ( although would be greatly acknowledged and appreciated) however do not feel paying twice the rate of the introductory offer is a fair deal either.  What ever happened to customer appreciation, and businesses who stood on value and decency?   It appears Verizon has the ability to change terms of agreements when it works in there favor ( read the acknowledgment to submit the profile) on any given day.  Perhaps I need to call on a daily basis to request "the fair market value" of verizon services for the day?

0 Likes
pa_bristol

I agree.  This is not just about Verizon, but applies to all service providers that have 'enticements'.  Verizon could be awesome and implement my idea and capture the 'forward thinking' crown.

The Idea:

Enticements should be tied to a contract.  Always.  Presumably a customer fulfilling the contract would pay for the Enticement.  So a customer fullfilling the contract should be 100% free of any obligation, moral or financially, at the end of the contract.

Which should lead to that customer being able to take advantage of another deal.  Simple.  No existing customer need 'envy' someone who is not an existing customer.  They don't have to go to another provider to get the deal there, leading to coming back to get the deal here.

As you can see, this solves everything.

However, I'd go one step further.  I'd build in a price stepdown into the monthly fee -- make it better than taking an incentive and extending the contract.  This makes it so people don't switch so often.  Presumably, as time progresses, it would be better to just take a new contract including new incentives because you'd get new technology / speed / services.  And of course Verizon could end a service if it isn't worth keeping the old equipment around.

The other thing that this does is give people a sense of accomplishment that they won't give up easily -- the accomplishment of finishing out the contract and then having options.  Which stay open -- at any month the customer can go to a new incentive deal,  or stay on the old service for as long as Verizon wants to keep providing it.  If this sounds familiar to people, parts of it are being implemented with TIVO.

The premise is simple -- stop people from going to your competitors.  Stop having to incentivise them back from competitors.

I don't  expect too much change any time soon..  But I can only hope.  I had thought of T-Mobile's business plan years before T-Mobile implemented it.  When they did, I cheered, immediately signed up, and didn't even switch to sprint when they offered lower prices for the same service.  Sorry for mentioning two competitors -- hopefully it drives home the point about the importance of the plan's design.  If it makes you feel better, I have both FIOS and Verizon Wireless now ;).

0 Likes