Not told of all charges, lack of Netflix promo code and major run around trying to sort it out...
moonnbeam

I recently signed up for Fios almost a month ago, installed myself and just received my first bill. My apartment's "rep" told me if I installed it myself I wouldn't be charged an install fee. He failed to tell me there was an activation fee of $69.99! Just saw that on my first bill. He did mention that for my tv box equipment there would be rental fees. He didn't tell me it was $19.99 a month for 2 tv boxes that don't even have DVR capabilities (that's another $12.99 for each box!).

I was supposed to get free Netflix for a year. Was told I'd get a promo code in an email. It's been 20 days since I activated my service so I called Verizon to find out where my code is and to cancel my tv boxes (rediculous to pay $20 rental fee and they're not even capable of DVRing!). Customer service said I could return the boxes at a drop off location. Shipping them in was also an option and would be free.  Dropping them off would mean the rental fees would be taken off my bill immediately. Customer service rep said it looked like the promo code was mailed on Dec 11th so was going to ask the other dept that handles the netflix promo codes. Waited. Then was transferred to that dept. The new guy I was dealing with said it was mailed but to expect 6-8 weeks before receiving it. 6-8 weeks?! I was told it was in processing and couldn't be modified and whomever set up my account for the promo set up the code to be snail mailed. What?! I'm sorry, why is eveything else sent by email, including my confirmation for sign up, my bill notification, my tracking number for my shipped equipment, etc. But my promo code for free Netflix was snail mailed and would take 6-8 weeks?! Why?! No one could tell me. No one could adjust it so it could be emailed to me. He couldn't even give me a tracking number. So he sent me back to customer service dept. Then, of course it's the automated system at the beginning of the menu (not customer service). Had to go through the main menu again. Finally get to another customer service rep and tell him how frustrated I am that my apartment's verizon rep didn't tell me about the activation fee, didn't tell me my Netflix promo code would be snail mailed and would take 6-8 weeks, and that the previous guy I was just talking to couldn't do anything about getting the promo code by email or expediting it in any way. He apologizes and says he would talk to someone in that department and see if there was anything he could and at least get me a tracking number. I waited. He comes back and says I have to track the package on a separate website which is www.rewardshq.com (so not the standard UPS or anything even though I was told it was being sent UPS by Verizon rewards rep).

Then I ask if I have to set up returning my tv boxes (because the first guy transferred me before that was concluded). Yes. He then tells me he'll send a shipping label and box. I told him I'd just drop it off. He informs me dropping it off incurs a $10 fee. Seriously?! First customer service rep never told me that (only that it would come off my bill immediately) so either way they get their money out of you for returning the equipment, whether you have to hang on to it for a couple days or you pay to drop it off. 

He then says it shouldn't take 6-8 weeks for the Netflix promo code but that's what they have to tell someone. I say thank you and hang up. I then go to the website I was given to track this letter with the elusive netflix promo code. The website requires a log in and password. I was never told or received that! I got the "tracking" number but what good is it if I have to log into this weird site to track it. 

So, in conclusion:

RUNAROUND, RUNAROUND, RUNAROUND

SHADY TACTICS by not giving full disclosure of all fees from the first rep who I contacted through my apt, then with first customer service rep, then the weird/rude promo reward verizon rep, then the final customer service rep who gave me a useless website since I can't log in. 

I am not a happy camper. I will probably not use Verizon ever again after my contract due to this and I haven't even been a customer for a month.

0 Likes
Re: Not told of all charges, lack of Netflix promo code and major run around trying to sort it out..
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for reaching out and allowing me to help you with this issue.  This is indicative of the type of experience we don't want ANY of our customers to have...a negative one.  I'd like to address your concerns and give you the opportunity to reach us directly if you have any other questions. 

First, I'd like to address the issue with box return.  We will happily send you return boxes and labels that include free shipping at no cost but for future reference, and what doesn't appear to have been made clear,  you can drop equipment off at any UPS corporate facility and they will ship equipment back to us at no cost to you.  If, however, the equipment is taken to a Verizon store, that is where the restocking fee is assessed.  I apologize that this was not made clear during the calls in to our center.

As for the issue with the Netflix promo code, those are typically sent after our worry free guarantee ends (14 days) to the email address we have on file for you.  In the event that you opted out of receiving emails or did not provide an address, we send it to your home address via snail mail within 30 days of FiOS installation.

I am more than happy to look into this for you and find you a definitive answer as to when you should expect to receive your Netflix promo but in order to do so, I will need to access your account privately.  If you would like to go ahead with that, please check your private message box for a chat link to get started. 

Thank you and happy holidays,

~Eva

0 Likes
Re: Not told of all charges, lack of Netflix promo code and major run around trying to sort it out..
dchoy

I'm having similar a run-around experience. Can someone please email me the netflix code I was promised. FYI: I hate the fact that I can't simply send an email message to CS, and have to wait on hold or go public here. Please email me directly if possible.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
moonnbeam

Low and behold everyone we're into the month of April and I still have not received my Netflix code even though the last time I talked to someone (the 4th time no less) I was promised I would have it within 24 hours by email! That's 5 months people!

I'm on the phone with the 6th person about the issue now. I get a run around every single time! I am in such disbelief that it has taken me this much time and effort for something so simple! 

If this can't be resolved I'm going to cancel my service and file a complaint to the better business bureau for not providing what was promised to me. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello moonbeam

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes