Notification of Collections
ebaker21

Verizon (the communications behemoth) apparently has trouble communicating with it's customers.

Final bill charges where supposedly sent via post mail and after 5 months pass and no communication is established it was simply sent to collections. So I become aware of the charges via a ding to my credit report.

Upon going to collections, credit score dropped 100 points... Making a score of 750 (low credit risk) sink to 650 (medium credit risk)... And this occurred to a Verizon customer of nearly 10 years who has a history of paying when aware of charges

Verizon is supposedly a communications company...

If this has happend to you (and i'm certain you're out there; and if not you will be), please do as i will and report this lack of customer service and inproportional detrimant to consumers to the FTC... Likewise, cancel Verizon services and find a company more sensitive to it's customers and worthy of your patronage.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Notification of Collections
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ebaker21,

Were you able to get this issue resolved through Verizon customer support, or do you still require assistance?

0 Likes
ebaker21

Unless Verizon plans to change the process by which they send a piece of mail, assume customers get it, make little effort to make contact via other channels, and then nail peoples credit score for 100 points, then i don't think this will be resolved...

repair my credit and we'll call it even...

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Legaleagle1

I am working with other Verizon customers on the same exact issue. FCC as well as FTC and in the case of CA, CPUC.

Your final bill dept at Verizon, instead of looking up you bill, payments made via your by account # or SS, then sends a bogus fax cover sheet supposedly within three-ten business days to the email of your choice. If you get the phantom email w/cover sheet the printed copy expiration has already passed. It also indicates you need to start over.

Posted 15, June 2014

0 Likes
ericbell10

I need help.  Recently I moved and have always paid my Verizon bills on time for both my home and my cell phone.  Then suddenly today I received a notification from a collections company about an unpaid amount.  I always pay my bills and have NEVER been informed of this outstanding balance.  PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP so I can make this payment and avoid damaging my credit score which I have worked hard on the last 10 years.  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes