Online Bill Payment Broken
klische
Enthusiast - Level 1

After you sign-on to your "my verizon" page, when you click on "Account information" or "Enroll in auto pay" it results in this message:

To pay your bill, please visit www.verizon.net and sign in. Select the My Account tab and locate the Billing section on the left to view your payment options.

That's exactly what I'm doing! Anyone else having this problem? I can't sign up for auto-pay if this keeps happening!

Re: Online Bill Payment Broken
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Their auto-pay system has got to be one of the worst on the planet ... even after you successfully get signed up, they occasionally "forget" to automatically take the payment ... and then send you a nasty-gram via the regular mail telling you their going to cut off your service.  I've gone on and then manually made a payment via credit card on the have them actually "double up" the payment a few days later when the automatic payment system gets it's act together again.  To their credit ... it does sort itself out the following month when the payment date comes around ... they reflect the second payment as a credit balance and offset it against the amount due before they take the automatic payment.   Oy.

When I initially signed up, I had a similar problem.  I switched browsers (from IE to Firefox) and ended up being successful.    You might want to give that a shot.   Of course, it is Sunday morning ... so maybe they're just down for maintenance?   Has this persisted for several days or just this morning?

klische
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has persisted since last night, and upon checking right now: still broken!

chasev3

Does the auto pay system let you change the amount to what you want to pay or does is automatically deduct the amount of the bill for the month?  Sometimes my bill is over $500.00 to $1000.00 per month and I may not wish to pay the exact amount on the statement.  Does Auto pay let you change it before payment is taken out of your account?

0 Likes
peggr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I logged in today to find ALL of my payment history and my payment account information totally gone.  This is a mess - I'm not entering anything new until I find out where my history and checking account information went.  This is totally unacceptable - unfortunately not surprising, but totally unacceptable.

peggr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, when it's working, it does allow you to pay an amount different from the bill - also look into payment arrangements - you can set up more than one payment schedule for a billing - I've not had to use it, so I'm not sure if it works as expected, but you can change the billing amount, and the date - it defaults to "today", but you should be able to change it to anything between "today" and the due date.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe they don't want the billing system to work, since they can charge you late fees if you can't pay your bill on time...

Either that or they don't have anybody competent working on the billing system / web page / information system.

Anyway you can probably automate the paying your bills through your bank's billpaying system rather than rely on Verizon to do it for you.

Verizon has enough problems trying to manage their own phone systems and you know how good they're at that... nickle and diming their customers... into paying more for their service.

$5.00 for mobile email

$9.99 for 25MB of data service (required, for new phone upgrades)

$29.99 for data service for smartphones, weather or not you use, it's required on new smartphones.

$20.00 for WiFi hotspot mode on smartphones (with 2GB cap).

and on and on and on... sheesh.

What happens when you want to combine Mobile Broadband service with the a mobile phone, huh?

$9.99 for chaperon or Family Tracking... what ever happened to public service... what if your child gets kidnapped and you couldn't afford $9.99 for Family Tracking?  Not everyone has money to burn.

Dibbyb

Same thing happened to me.  Try changing your password.  Did the trick for me.

0 Likes
pfnolan92

Dibbyb-- Are you saying that changing your password to the My Verizon site got your AutoPay to start working? 

0 Likes
El13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had autopay working for 3 years, then it just disappeared with no history on payments or payment methods. I tried signing for autopay twice since and not sure that it will work this time. Meanwhile they never forget to add $5 late payment fee every time they "forget" to auto post the payment .  If you will multiply $5 per each account that they drop auto  pay every month where people do not claim this charge to be waived you will get a nice sum, which describes the reason why this system is not fixed yet. I have such fee sitting on my July bill right now when I had auto payment reset before June's bill.

0 Likes