Online Statement
awb141

Why is it that online will show a statement date of the 1st of every month but the statements are not available to view for up to a week after that?  This seems to be an unnecessary delay as every other business I have bills with will have the online statements up within 24 hours of the statement cycling.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Online Statement
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@awb141 wrote:

Why is it that online will show a statement date of the 1st of every month but the statements are not available to view for up to a week after that? ...

I myself don't find this situation particularly inconvenient, although obviously others may.  My monthly fees are paid automatically via credit card.  Since I don't pay the card itself until well after it is charged, it makes no difference.  Others may not be happy with this state of affairs, but it certainly works well for me.

The most likely reason your invoice is delayed a few days compared to your other fees is that ISP and cable services typically include additional fees each month for rented or purchased movies, on-demand fees, etc.  Even if you use none of these services, others do use them.  That means the entire payment and invoicing system must be set up to serve all customers.  It therefore takes a few days to do the arithmetic and display the information.  I hope this explanation clears up things a bit.

Added Note:  Many folks prefer to avoid automatic payments for various reasons.  One of the biggest reasons seems to be not being able to check charges in advance of payment due to "paperless billing."  Even though "paperless billing" is the default when choosing automatic payments, there's no need to endure this situation.  Users can always revert to paper bills, even while keeping automatic payments.

I do this for all monthly bills regardless of automatic payments because I just like having paper bills.  If suppliers want to convince me to "go green" (an entirely facetious comment, by the way), they can reduce my bill each month in proportion to the savings they incur by not mailing invoices.

0 Likes