Ordering STB online is utterly confusing!
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

After getting a third TV set I wanted to order another STB. I chose the online store and had to use the support chat to be reassured twice that I indeed ordered only one additional box. I have the SD box and one HD box already. Ordering a another HD box and proceeding to checkout shows under "Added Services" a "2 room package" for 13.98$. The support rep in the chat explained that this is the one HD box that I already have and the one that I just ordered.

Who came up with that? Does the supermarket show the groceries from last week on my receipt? I strongly suggest that the **bleep** (sorry for the strong word, but really!) who designed the online store sits down right now and fixes that. It should not list services and equipment that I already have under "Added Services". It is just way too confusing.

There is more to complain about, I'll keep it short:

- 20$ fee for shipping, this is just insane. Here I am willing to buy extra services and Verizon can't eat the few dollars that it will cost to fedEx that tiny box to my home? That fee made me think twice about adding the additional box, I am sure some will just cancel out and not buy more stuff from you. Remove that fee entirely, Verizon is raking in so much money that nickel and diming people for a few bucks shipping expenses is just stupid

- one local store to servce a region of close to half a million. Seriously? I see Verizon buildings all over the place. Add a desk with a computer and have people go there to pick up equipment. Why do you make it so ridiculously difficult to obtain more services?

- no SD box choice. Why can I only order an HD box? I'd assume that an SD box in both purchase and service cost is less expensive than an HD box

- cannot buy an STB....I understand, subscription services are what makes the money. As mentioned above, these STBs cost around 35 to 50 bucks, they are dirt cheap. If Verizon would allow me to buy a box (even from Verizon) I'd do that in a heartbeat and even buy more tha the ones I have right now. This rent only business model will make me look hard at the competition each time the contract is up. 6.99$ per month for a fifty dollar device that will likely work fine for years? What a racket!

Re: Ordering STB online is utterly confusing!
mrgooch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I recently ordered a Triple Play package and found choosing the boxes a little confusing. As a result I would up paying for a 4th Digital box that was to be free with a new install. I contacted a Rep and they confirmed that the change was made but I have not seen the price relected in a new bill yet.

0 Likes