Outgoing Calls
blane4

How can I make an outgoing call without my parents seeing it on the bill. I know to block a number you push *67 but I don't know how to make a call to someone and have it not show up. There are some parental controls on my phone but someone please help. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Outgoing Calls
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Get your own phone.

#2 Then make sure that they don't have access to the call logs.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@blane wrote:

How can I make an outgoing call without my parents seeing it on the bill. I know to block a number you push *67 but I don't know how to make a call to someone and have it not show up. There are some parental controls on my phone but someone please help. Thank you!

...maybe you should re-think calling said number if your parents finding out is such a huge issue. I'll second dslr595148's suggestion. Pay for your own phone and it will be a non-issue.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't know the reason for you wanting to do this, I will speculate a bit ...

1. That the call is illegal, or that you wish to engage in illegal activity such as prank calling, or to a service which is illegal for a minor to access.   In which case, my advise is to find something better to do with your life, your parents are protecting you for good reason, trust their wisdom.  We adults were your age once too.

2. That the call is to someone whom your parents do not want you associating with.  See #1.  While sometimes parents do misjudge your friends, often times they have it pretty correct.   I suggest instead you compormise with them and help them get to know your friend if they truly misunderstand them by meeting in person and not going behind their back.

3. You're in trouble and are looking to confidentially seek assistance on a personal matter and are afraid as to how your parents may react.   In this case, it's unfortunate you don't feel you can trust your parents enough with what must be a tough situation.  There are other professionals who can help you directly withut needing to make a phone call -- perhaps a church or guidance counselor.  

4.  You're an adult living at your parents house -- in which case, you should get your own cell phone or land line number in your name and under your account.  If you have bad credit, a prepaid cell phone may be for you.