Over Billed for Double Play
pubiguana
Enthusiast - Level 1

I merged two accounts into one (home phone and Fios).  I was quoted a price and billed another, then on an account that was closed i was debted from my bank an auto pay I did not authorize.  Now afte many hours of calls I am in the same place.

2.25 - closed a home phone and fios account and merged into a double play account.  quoted bill was for $143.02 per month.

3.23 - billed for services separately for $406.32 - which included past due charges ($88.99) from the old fios account which was closed.  This is the fios account that was on auto pay and the funds had been already withdrawn on 3.09 from my account.

End of March - I spokr with a Ms. Perez at verizon - told me she understood and would take care of everything and to not pay a bill until we had this taken care of and correct.  I had no intention of paying the bill until it was correct.

5.1 - Spoke again to another verizon rep and was again told this would be taken care.  told my new bill would be $143.25 per month.  Furthermore, told my next bill would be $79.40 the new bill would be $143.25 and the balance I owed from the beginning of this change in February was $286.50.  I sent a payment in for the $286.50.  Little did I notice on the bill dated 4.23 was that someone had checked auto pay on the account.  Which is odd since I had not done it and the there was a past due balance.  If I had auto pay all along the there would not have been a past due balance.

4.23 - bill for $406.32 past due and $230.82 current charges toatl due $637.14.  Keep in mind my bill should have only been $143.02 since February.  so in reality it should be for $429.06.

5.23 bill - now has a credit because I paid the $286.50 which is what the service rep told me the new total balance due was.  then Verizon took money from my checking account without authorization in the amount of $637.14.

5.24 - i spoke with another verizon rep who understood the situation.  said that the last person I spoke with did everything right but that the credits did not get approved.  Futhermore said my new monthly bill shoul only be $112.52.  we shall see.

At this it has become absurd.  You can never speak with the same person twice and have to spend 22 minutes each call to just explain the situation.  then if your lucky you get someone that knows what they are doing.  But wait a minute, someone has to approve everything.  Why this is not being approved is beyond me and not only is it frustrating, it is a waste of my time, effort, energy and resources.  I guess that is because verizon can do whatever it wants to do and if we want to use them we have to play the game.

Tell me Verizon people, is there a timeframe to back out of an agreement?  Buyers remorse so to speak.  This is too timeconsuming, all i want is service for the quoted oprice and my money back that was taken from my account.

0 Likes
Re: Over Billed for Double Play
jonjones1
Legend

@pubiguana wrote:

I merged two accounts into one (home phone and Fios).  I was quoted a price and billed another, then on an account that was closed i was debted from my bank an auto pay I did not authorize.  Now afte many hours of calls I am in the same place.

2.25 - closed a home phone and fios account and merged into a double play account.  quoted bill was for $143.02 per month.

3.23 - billed for services separately for $406.32 - which included past due charges ($88.99) from the old fios account which was closed.  This is the fios account that was on auto pay and the funds had been already withdrawn on 3.09 from my account.

End of March - I spokr with a Ms. Perez at verizon - told me she understood and would take care of everything and to not pay a bill until we had this taken care of and correct.  I had no intention of paying the bill until it was correct.

5.1 - Spoke again to another verizon rep and was again told this would be taken care.  told my new bill would be $143.25 per month.  Furthermore, told my next bill would be $79.40 the new bill would be $143.25 and the balance I owed from the beginning of this change in February was $286.50.  I sent a payment in for the $286.50.  Little did I notice on the bill dated 4.23 was that someone had checked auto pay on the account.  Which is odd since I had not done it and the there was a past due balance.  If I had auto pay all along the there would not have been a past due balance.

4.23 - bill for $406.32 past due and $230.82 current charges toatl due $637.14.  Keep in mind my bill should have only been $143.02 since February.  so in reality it should be for $429.06.

5.23 bill - now has a credit because I paid the $286.50 which is what the service rep told me the new total balance due was.  then Verizon took money from my checking account without authorization in the amount of $637.14.

5.24 - i spoke with another verizon rep who understood the situation.  said that the last person I spoke with did everything right but that the credits did not get approved.  Futhermore said my new monthly bill shoul only be $112.52.  we shall see.

At this it has become absurd.  You can never speak with the same person twice and have to spend 22 minutes each call to just explain the situation.  then if your lucky you get someone that knows what they are doing.  But wait a minute, someone has to approve everything.  Why this is not being approved is beyond me and not only is it frustrating, it is a waste of my time, effort, energy and resources.  I guess that is because verizon can do whatever it wants to do and if we want to use them we have to play the game.

Tell me Verizon people, is there a timeframe to back out of an agreement?  Buyers remorse so to speak.  This is too timeconsuming, all i want is service for the quoted oprice and my money back that was taken from my account.

Don’t know what state you are in but contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission google it. Also contact your state attorney generals office and file a complaint with them. Also contact your bank and first stop auto debit or auto pay. Then ask the bank to do a chargeback for the over payments.

you get 30 days total customer satisfaction guarantee but this contract could be voided due to Verizon not honoring their side of the agreement. Like I said contact your state agencies for assistance.

Re: Over Billed for Double Play
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pubiguana,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes