Overdraft fees from being double charged
Dedgejr

Recently I was double charged by Verizon which caused me to be received overdraft fees. I scheduled a payment back in July and paid the bill before the payment schedule came through(That was my mistake). So then my bank got charged again when that date of the scheduled payment came. The charged was denied by my bank and I received a Returned Item Fee. I then check my Fios account and I see a credit of $91. So I call Verizon to cancel the payment because I feared that they would try and charge my account again because it didn’t go through the first time. I spoke to a Rep and they told me that the payment was cancelled and I wouldn’t receive a charge again. So at this point I’m happy thinking everything is resolved. A week later after paying some bills my account ends up in the negative and I see a charge from Verizon. I call Verizon again and they end up reversing the charge. The next day I get a $60 overdraft fee. So I call my bank asking if they can waive the fee because that charge wasn’t supposed to happen. They tell me in order to waive the fee they need something from Verizon that explains it was their mistake. So I call Verizon again to see if there is anything that can be done and I get transferred 3 times with them telling me that the next person would be able to help me but everyone said that that’s not what their department handles. I then call again today and I’m told that because it takes 10 business days for a reversal to come through that it’s not Verizon’s fault and there is nothing that can be done. However, if I’m told by a Rep that a payment was cancelled and I won’t be charged again, and then I am charged again whose fault is that? I’m not really sure what to do at this point. I guess posting on here is my last effort.

0 Likes
Re: Overdraft fees from being double charged
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dedgejr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes