POSITIVE experience and VZ won me over! VZ make note and make sure this rep STAYS with you!
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was reading the posts all yesterday and was frustrated over some issues that had me wanting to run back to 'old faithful' and they gave me a GREAT deal that I was soooo ready to take.

So this a.m. as soon as the VZ customer service phone lines opened, I called in. 

I put in for cancellation, I had my mind all set that I was cancelling, no way I could be talked out of it.

I was transferred to a gentleman named Michael.  I was VERY hesitant and awaiting the 'battle' of the wits.  But as I was talking, this person was truly listening.  He took control of the call (I've been in customer service for over 28 years, 15 being tech support in a call center environment so I know the drill) and addressed EACH of my issues.  I told him what the 'other guy' offered me and not only did he MATCH it, he even got me a little more than I thought VZ would.  He won my patronage!  He made me a deal I could NOT refuse.  BUT being seasoned to call center work, I asked for an email breaking it all down, you know, 'get it in writing'....knowing that only a seasoned, dedicated customer service rep that CARES about the customer would send...and ya know what?  HE SENT IT.....right away....

Not only that but the stations I was lacking where on RIGHT as I got off the phone with him....Yes there will need to be some crediting to be done for about 9 months and manually, but he has already shown me that he follows up with what he does and I have it in writing should he leave VZ, which VZ if your reading do NOT let him go EVER!  GIVE THIS GUY A RAISE as he is SAVING your BOTTOM LINE big time!

So for all the negative posts, I have to say that I don't feel negative anymore, I feel that this rep cares about the company AND the customer.

Thank you for having such an awesome rep.

Kelley

Re: POSITIVE experience and VZ won me over! VZ make note and make sure this rep STAYS with you!
bubbabubba1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So a price reduction won you over, not the Verizon service you signed up for? I'm sure that many customers can be swayed by receiving a monthly credit, wouldn't you agree?

0 Likes
Re: POSITIVE experience and VZ won me over! VZ make note and make sure this rep STAYS with you!
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 'deal I couldn't refuse' was that I was missing stations that I use to get and was 'promised' I would get with the new FIOS service, also that I was having issues with the internet and that I was assured it would run as it had before, which it didn't, they found a solution to that as well.  

That being said, it wasn't 'price points', but features to the service that was the issue.  I love the pic that I'm getting on my televisions, I LOVE the phone service as it is much more clear than before, I love the faster internet speeds that I'm experiencing.  I didn't WANT to leave but I wanted what was promised and the rep saw to it that it was taken care of....

Actually it wasn't money at all but the level of the services that I expected and I got that...

Hope that clears it up.  

Papagary

Kelly,

Who was this fantastic Rep and how do I reach him??? I'm ready to chuck my bundle. I have been trying to get an answer about my bill for over a week. There are obvious mistakes. Verizon sends me to DTV, DTV sends me back to Verizon and NOBODY gives a crap. Maybe if I stop paying long enough someone will contact me? I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and have been with Verizon for over thirty years!! No on cares anymore, very sad.

Papagary

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@bubbabubba wrote:

... a price reduction won you over ... I'm sure that many customers can be swayed by receiving a monthly credit, wouldn't you agree?

I know I could.  Imagine going for a deal that saves money.  What a radical concept.  What will those Verizon folks think of next?

0 Likes