PROBLEMS BEFORE THE INSTALLATION
Viper434
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, this will take a minute so please bear with me (takes a deep breath). I'm having FIOS installed on the 1'st of Feb and I was given a price quote of $96.00 after taxes for Extreme HD and 25/25 internet with a HD set top box and a standard box with no activation or installation charges, good deal right? Well, I was told I would receive a conformation email of the 2, yes 2 $15.00 discounts from the Elite Dept I was given. I called back a total of 6 times trying to get this conformation because it would be my word against Verizon's and you know who's going to lose right? So I call again tonight to try one last time before I cancel the install because I'm not going to play any games. The guy I talk to says that there is no way anyone gave me 2 $15.00 discounts because there is a cap of $20.00 that can be given and he sends me a confirmation of the $20.00 discount for 24 months. I tell him I have the agents name and ID number that gave me the 2 $15.00 discounts and he says "it starts with a z right?" and I say yes and he says that that person is not with the Elite dept when I was connected with the Elite dept do get these discounts in the first place. I am with Brighthouse now and my service is great and the customer service is awesome, the only reson I am switching was because a Verizon rep that came to my door said he could get me this deal that would save me $20.00 plus dollars a month. So, here is where I am, I see that the Mods frequent the forums and that I can be directed to someone who can help me. If not, I am going to have to cancel my installation if I can't get something that breaks down what I am going to be charged and what my service will be. I don't think that's asking too much. My philosophy is that any games and we are done. I'm not trying to be rude but these days we have choices on where we get our sevices from. Thanks for hearing me rant a bit! Peace!!!

0 Likes
Re: PROBLEMS BEFORE THE INSTALLATION
Viper434
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, It just got better. I had a scheduled installation for Feb 1st and just received a phone call from the installation department telling me that they can't do it on the 1'st and that they have to change it to the 7'th. Are you kidding me? I made the order for services a week ago and the lady said"I have an opening for installation for the 1'st between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm". So I called customer service and was told that they have no control over that. I'm thinking you guys put the order in and you have no control over it? When Bright House says they will do an install on such and such a date they do it. They have an on time guarantee and I guess Verizon does not. Since I have Bright House right now I think I will stay with them. Customer service wins every time for me. I knew better than to go with Verizon after seeing complaint after complaint about they're customer service. When I called customer service to speak to someone about it I was transferred to a department that is closed even tho they just called me. Unbelievable! I am going to call tomorrow to cancel the installation. Not worth the aggravation. If they can't get an install right what else will go wrong. My rant is finished, Thank You...............................................................................

0 Likes
Re: PROBLEMS BEFORE THE INSTALLATION
Viper434
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: All is well and I'm hooked up. Now if I could just get the media manager to work............................

0 Likes