Pain with customer service.
mac310
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to say that I am frustrated with verizon customer service. Very polite, but the "up-sell" crap and the lies just to get me off line are bull. 

I have now called customer service several different times and every time I get different story --

I am new to Verizon and at this rate, I won't be customer for long.

It is quite simple. -- I signed up for service. I see commercial for "Free DVR" -- I call can ask "Can get this offer" and hear "Yes, no problem, I'll take care of it"

It does not happen. I call again get someone that tells me the offer is only with a contact, which she promptly tries to give me, when I refuse the contract, she then goes through the entire list of other up-sell junk. No help what-so-ever. I later check on on-line and find that no contract is required. I cool off for a few days as don't want be angry when call.

I call again and the lady tells me that she can't make change and that I am just SOL. -- I don't buy it. Digging around with google, it turns out that it is possible and has been done other customers. So, what gives?

0 Likes
Re: Pain with customer service.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi mac3

We'll need some account specific information to see what has transpired.  I've sent you a PM with a secure link you can use to submit this information to us.  Please get back to us as soon as you.

Thanks

0 Likes
mac310
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just submitted the ticket request. thanks.
0 Likes
mac310
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not received response to the ticket I submitted, I'll update this tread with the status and my opinion on regular basis.

0 Likes
mac310
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a call, it was nice to receive accurate information for once. It turns out the offer is restricted to only three states. I do find it curious that the commercial is being shown outside of limited markets that it is available in - but for a company frequently accused of bill stuffing and other practices, bait and switch is not all that surprising. 

0 Likes