Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Pain with customer service.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Pain with customer service.

Message 1 of 6
(724 Views)

I have to say that I am frustrated with verizon customer service. Very polite, but the "up-sell" crap and the lies just to get me off line are bull. 

I have now called customer service several different times and every time I get different story --

I am new to Verizon and at this rate, I won't be customer for long.

It is quite simple. -- I signed up for service. I see commercial for "Free DVR" -- I call can ask "Can get this offer" and hear "Yes, no problem, I'll take care of it"

It does not happen. I call again get someone that tells me the offer is only with a contact, which she promptly tries to give me, when I refuse the contract, she then goes through the entire list of other up-sell junk. No help what-so-ever. I later check on on-line and find that no contract is required. I cool off for a few days as don't want be angry when call.

I call again and the lady tells me that she can't make change and that I am just SOL. -- I don't buy it. Digging around with google, it turns out that it is possible and has been done other customers. So, what gives?

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator Moderator

Re: Pain with customer service.

Message 2 of 6
(716 Views)

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 6
(705 Views)

Hi mac3

We'll need some account specific information to see what has transpired.  I've sent you a PM with a secure link you can use to submit this information to us.  Please get back to us as soon as you.

Thanks

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(696 Views)
I just submitted the ticket request. thanks.
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(685 Views)

I have not received response to the ticket I submitted, I'll update this tread with the status and my opinion on regular basis.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(674 Views)

I got a call, it was nice to receive accurate information for once. It turns out the offer is restricted to only three states. I do find it curious that the commercial is being shown outside of limited markets that it is available in - but for a company frequently accused of bill stuffing and other practices, bait and switch is not all that surprising. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.