Password Change
Rcs24

Hi: My wife and I have been with verizon a long time, and I really likeVerizon and there security suite.

A while ago my wife called Verizon to get help to pay our phone bill, who ever she talked to on the phone changed our password but was never asked to. As my wife uses msn as her email it did not hurt her but it did me as I use verizon.net as mine. For years I have used the same password to get into verizon mail. I want to know why now must I have to enter another password 8 letter ling when we did not ask for a new password. Charlene Carter is the account holder and she is my wife. I believe that more care should be taken as not to undo what someone wants.

I would realy like to restore my old password of 6 letters which I have used for years. Because someone there at verizon did this without being asked, I feel that Verizon should give me back our first password. Also Verizon should have a better way for one to reach you other then support or this way.

0 Likes
Re: Password Change
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hello RCs24,

I'm sorry you lost your password. A long while back we had to up the complexity of  any new passwords to combat hackers abilities to break into accounts. Unfortunately it's not something we have the ablity to change, but as a person with 30+ passwords I have to juggle, I  completely understand where you are coming from.

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.