Paying an old bill to resolve negative on credit report
dan724

I have not been a customer for sometime of either Verizon or Verizon wireless, however on getting a copy of my credit report it states an outstanding balances to my surprise. The amounts are small where I would gladly just like to settle up in hopes of resolving these issues on my credit, I have no other negatives and never have.. Would anybody have a direct # to someone that can help or possibly an email to a person. 1 bill is with verizon and other is with verizon wireless.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Paying an old bill to resolve negative on credit report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dan724,

For Verizon Residential, please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  Or you may use Contact Us.  You may need to contact Verizon Wireless for that separate bill.

0 Likes
dan724

Thank you for the quick reply, I will give it a try. I never had an outstanding bill and hope to resolve this.

0 Likes
dan724

Actually discovered that the issue with my credit is related to my father's past due bill, we share the same name and some how it got tacked on to my credit! My dad had a stroke, therefore the no payments. I hope this will get resolved. When I spoke to someone at Verizon, they asked I fax in W2's indicated where I was living at the time of account open.  Has anybody had something similar happen? How long till I get a response? Does the removal of error from my credit happen quickly?

0 Likes