Payment not prorated
Boxer3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am hoping to get help on the board, since wait time on the phone is ridiculous, and Verizon does not have a customer service email address easily accessible.

I cancelled my service mid-month in February and returned the box shortly thereafter. However the bill has never been adjusted, and Fios tried to charge me the full $92. As I waited for the mistake to be fixed, I got charged anadditional $5 late fee. 

If I did not change my payment method from automatic after cancelling the service, I may have not even noticed the overcharge (just as I hadn't noticed my payment for Internet service going from $47 to $92 for eight months, after the "two year agreement" had expired, and Fios "forgot" to notify me about it doubling.) 

How do I get Fios to adjust the bill without spending 40 minutes or more waiting on the phone? Is there a way to email them?

Thank you. 

Re: Payment not prorated
Boxer3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke to the customer service rep, and according to them, the Internet service refund IS NOT prorated. That's after they claimed otherwise last month. Not sure whether it is legal, but keep n mind if you want to cancel the Internet service, keep it until the end of your current billing cycle. Otherwise, Verizon Fios WILL not make it known and WILL take advantage of you. As they always seem to.

Re: Payment not prorated
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Boxer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes