Payment refund?
dobie_gillis
Enthusiast - Level 3

My internet has been down all month - Verizon says it will be down until April 19th and I'll receive a refund. My autopay bill just went through as normal and I haven't gotten any refund yet. When will I get the refund?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Payment refund?
jonjones1
Legend

@dobie_gillis wrote:

My internet has been down all month - Verizon says it will be down until April 19th and I'll receive a refund. My autopay bill just went through as normal and I haven't gotten any refund yet. When will I get the refund?

You have to notify verizon of the total down time. Before they issue credits.

i cannot say this enough, get rid of auto pay. It is not good to give companies access to your funds. Contact your bank or credit card company and have them do a chargeback.

explain service was not provided and therefor no payment should have been taken.

bank reverses are a little harder, but credit card payment is very quick and easy.

cancel automatic payment 

dobie_gillis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, I've notified my bank to refund this payment, and de-enrolled from autopay.

I'm not in the US right now so I can't call Verizon to notify them of the downtime, though they are already very much aware of it. I even called them last month to ensure I wouldn't get charged for this month, and they assured me that yes, the refund will happen automatically. However, I've seen my payment happen automatically but not my refund!

I wish there was some sort of email support with Verizon, as I can't call them until later this month.

0 Likes
dobie_gillis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Basically, my service has been out from March 20th, and they told me it won't be back until April 19th.

I just cancelled payment for my April 3rd bill through Verizon's site. They better not suspend my service.... they've made all this as confusing as possible and are very difficult to get ahold of.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dobie_gillis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

No phone or internet until May 31st? lol
dobie_gillis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay.. so I haven't had phone or internet since March. Verizon said they would fix this on April 19th. And now the service date was pushed back until May 31st? Why does it take months to fix basic service?

I live in upper Manhattan. Has this happened to anyone else? What could cause this? It's a complete outage, and seems like they should fix it sooner. I'm not paying any of my bills with them until it's back.

Are they just forcing people to get off of DSL internet? I've noticed they don't offer DSL to new customers anymore in my area.

0 Likes
Re: No phone or internet until May 31st? lol
jonjones1
Legend

Ah you are in New York. Contact http://www.dps.ny.gov and tell them whats going on.

verizon has been trying to shut down copper (pots) and the Public Service commission has warned them of doing this to existing customers. 

The Department of Financial Services has regulatory authority over verizon. Fill out the online form or if in NY simply call the toll free number.

the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs has a seperate department to handle issues but fiber optics is the future and you might be better off getting the latest technology.

Verizon expects me to pay for service that's down?
dobie_gillis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to get a refund for my internet and phone service that's been down for two months. The support person writes to me:

> You are still responsible for paying for services while it's in the process of being

> repaired. We will credit when the services are restored. We do not stop billing while

> services are not working properly.

I don't trust them to even get this working on time, because the original repair date of April 22nd was pushed to May 31st without explanation or notice. They made me find out myself that I would have no service for 3 months. And they expect me to continue to pay my bill? Completely ridiculous, there's no way I'm doing that. If Verizon doesn't refund all my fees I'm just cancelling service completely. Goodbye.

0 Likes
dobie_gillis
Enthusiast - Level 3

jonjones, thanks for the advice! I just filed my complaint with New York state.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@dobie_gillis wrote:

jonjones, thanks for the advice! I just filed my complaint with New York state.

My pleasure.

http://www.dps.ny.gov 

call them at the toll free number and they are fantastic dealing with verizon.