Re: paymentone
jonjones1
Legend

And put a block on at your bank or credit union.

so you won’t have to go through the dispute resolution every month.

also contact your states attorney generals office to have them go after them.

0 Likes
Possible Fraud
gio1964

For those who are enrolled in the automatic payment program --be advised that there is someone going by the name Verizon Paymentone  taking unauthorized funds from your checking accounts in small amounts--!!!

0 Likes
Re: Possible Fraud
jonjones1
Legend

@gio1964 wrote:

For those who are enrolled in the automatic payment program --be advised that there is someone going by the name Verizon Paymentone  taking unauthorized funds from your checking accounts in small amounts--!!!

The company is a third party billing your account. Call your bank and tell them it’s fraud.

have them put the money back in your account. And block the company from further debits.

Its also advisable to never let any company use auto pay/debit since this type of situation can occur again. Stop the autopay 

0 Likes
gio1964

Possibly a miscommunication with Verizon--will know for sure when monthly statement is avaiable---

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@gio1964 wrote:

Possibly a miscommunication with Verizon--will know for sure when monthly statement is avaiable---

It is not a miscommunication. Google the company. You must stop the auto debit/auto pay from credit card if you use that. 

The banks or credit card company will credit back your losses. But they will not do it every time this charge appears. 

You can wait for your statement but you still will need to get auto pay stopped. You can use one time payments from your credit or bank card. It is much safer in that no one can ding you again. And if it appears again it’s easier to have bogus charges removed prior to having a company holding your funds. It is much easier to dispute the amount prior to payment.

but it is up to you.

0 Likes
Re: debit from account - for random amount not related to any bill or balance -- PayOne/PaymentOne
bonjam

Glad to see I'm not the only one -- Verizon just pulled more than $100 from my checking account via their PaymentOne / PayOne payment collections service provider.  This happened even though

(1)  I didn't owe anything - really

(2)  All old bills have been paid

(3) Using other payment methods unrelated to my checking account (not even at the same bank); and

(4) The account they used was one I removed more than a year back from Verizon.com...

0 Likes
Re: paymentone verizon
bonjam

Tried that -- got shunted to a call center that can't reverse payments and that doesn't have any way to get my account details removed from PaymentOne / PayOne

0 Likes
Re: PaymentOne debit from account
northofboston

I also thought that the VERIZON PAYMENTONE was a mistake but in my case it wasn't.  Verizon Fios has changed the on screen payment selection when you rent a movie.  A new selection charges the movie directly to the checking account you have on file with Verizon.  Previously it was charged to my monthly bill.  I was unaware of this change and that's why a charge of $6.18 from VERIZON PAYMENTONE showed up on my checking account.  I rented a movie for $5.99 and the $0.19 was an additional charge for a $6.18 total.  I called Fios and they indicated that you can still pick having the movie charged to your monthly bill as was done in the past.  You have to remember to select the correct payment method each time you rent a movie.  I will be charging all movies to my monthly bill in the future.

0 Likes
pwhitty

I just spoke with a Verizon representative. VERIZON PAYMENTONE is a legitimate merchant name. In January 2018, Verizon introduced a new way for people to pay for on demand services. You can still choose to have your movies paid through your monthly bill but obviously many of us are unknowingly choosing to pay immediately for the movie. So if you see VERIZON PAYMENTONE in your bank or credit card statment chances are it's because someone in your household ordered a movie and choose this payment mechanism without knowing it. The online chat representatives do not seem to know about this. I would strongly suggest investigating this before canceling your bank account.

0 Likes
Snoopers

I would like to pay my bill  138.00 which was agreed upon

0 Likes