Pending Order STUCK, Blocking Mobile Upgrade, Abysmal In-Store and Phone Customer Service
JJ251

From seeing post after post on this issue, it seems like I'm not the only one having to have gone through the enormous chunk of wasted time here. I made an online order to upgrade my iPhone 8 to an iPhone 12 mini. Picked up the new phone in the store. Took the new phone home, it didn't turn on. One would assume that this would be a simple matter of exchanging the new, non-working unit for a new, working unit. I went back to the store, returned the non-working unit, and was explained that the original transaction would have to be processed as a return, and that a second transaction would be necessary to get me a working new phone. 

Simple enough. Except that on that Friday June 25, the store employees told me that the return "was not processing" and was preventing the new transaction from taking place. They asked me to come back at a later date, which I did. I came back a second time on June 28 only to watch them flounder over the telephone with their back office for over an hour only to tell me that they couldn't  get the "pending transaction" (the original transaction from the phone that I had already returned) removed from my account. "The customer will just have to come back in a few days". The store employees asked me to go to a "corporate store" to talk to a manager and see if I could get a manager to override the transaction. Another 1.5 hour wasted there. Ultimately the second store recommended I call customer service myself, so I spent 45 minutes on the phone only to be told that there was nothing the Customer Service nor online order/billing department could do for me. ---- At this point, no one at Verizon could simply void a transaction where I had ALREADY returned a non-working phone-----So the Customer Service rep told me to wait a few more days to see if the "pending order" would be removed by then. It is now July 7. The pending order is still on my account, preventing me from starting a new transaction to upgrade my line. If someone just searches "pending order" in this thread, you'll see MULTIPLE complaints of this needless issue. If this doesn't get resolved ASAP, myself and 5 other lines in our family plan are changing carriers. This headache seems completely avoidable and I feel bad for what looks like many others had to deal with on such a fixable issue. 

0 Likes
Re: Pending Order STUCK, Blocking Mobile Upgrade, Abysmal In-Store and Phone Customer Service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JJ25,

Please be aware that these forums are dedicated to residential products and services offered by Verizon. For Verizon Wireless issues, please visit the Verizon Wireless Community.

Re: Pending Order STUCK, Blocking Mobile Upgrade, Abysmal In-Store and Phone Customer Service
jonjones1
Legend

the moderator gave you the correct answer and link.

Call 1-800-922-0204 this is verizon wireless customer service.

Neelio
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I have same issue with pending orders that were cancelled by Verizon, not me.  Not my error, so why is it still on my account and nobody in a month of me chatting, talking on the phone, on messenger, on Facebook, in the community, and nobody can get two pending orders off my accounts so I can change plans, not a cheaper one either.  170 hrs is what I've spent and that's a bit more than a full time job, but I don't get paid, I didn't get anything resolved.  This is not how I thought I would be treated by Verizon.  I know someone knows how to do this, it can't just be something that just came up.  So whoever has the knowledge please help otherwise I'm done. 
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes