Plan Change to Lower Bill Removed Discounts
boysangur
Enthusiast - Level 1

As somsone who works in a service industry, my little situation with Verizon is absolutely ridiculous. I can guarantee you that none of my clients would tolerate it so please understand me. I'm mostly posting here in hopes this gets escalated to a proper channel.

This concerns service I have with Verizon. When I signed into my account one day, there was a plan offer which would seemingly lower my bill. I went in and made changes in accordance with the offer, and the site showed me how much my bill would decrease before I pressed submit.

I log in today and see that my bill shot up by 50%. I contact Verizon immediately and they are telling me that I had discounts on my account before, but when I made changes, the discounts were automatically removed so my bill increased. Note, that the change I made involved me removing a channel package FROM my account!

I noted how that made no sense and that the only reason I would make a change to remove a channel package would be to lower my bill, as promised by Verizon (and only because of that). Obviously something was wrong.

I also noted that before I finalized changes, the website showed me my next bill amount in comparison to the current one (it was lower), so clearly Verizon's website misinformed me. It's a good time to mention that I build websites for a living so it's not like I lack understanding to know what I'm clicking on or what should be displayed to me on a webpage.

The Verizon agent told me straight up that there's nothing they can do and that's that. Basically, hey sorry our website gave you the wrong info, now pay the extra amount which resulted from our site giving you wrong info. I protested (quite politely actually) and the agent closed the conversation. Really?

There is just no way I'm paying this amount. If Verizon doesn't take care of this, BBB, consumer afffairs, BR and everything else is next, not to mention the fact that I will discontinue all of my services for myself and my entire family, including wireless. Verizon is not cheap as it is and I've been repeatedly overpaying so I'm particularly irked by the tricks or asking a customer to take responsibility for your own issues.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Plan Change to Lower Bill Removed Discounts
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi zandak,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Plan Change to Lower Bill Removed Discounts
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi zandak,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes