Poor Customer Service
pmkoerner

Having been a Verizon customer for many years I have been out of my 2 year agreement for quite some time. With the recent promotion to double up I decided to look into increasing my internet speed to 50/25 as I previously only had 15/5. When looking into this I realized that I could sign a two year agreement with the Extreme HD Triple Play package with 50/25 internet.  Online Verizon clearly advertises Extreme HD comes with HBO and Showtime as long as you have a bundle package. Since I was going to purchase a triple play I clearly would get these channels.  I decided to sign a new two year agreement and lock in my price.  The day after I signed up online I checked my TV and I didn’t have HBO or Showtime. As this was clearly advertised online I called Verizon and was told that while they understood what I was saying that there is a different package which they say I signed up for even though online there is only one Extreme HD package listed. I was told that I would have to pay more for HBO and/or Showtime. Since the online package clearly states both are included with bundle packages I requested to talk to a supervisor who could help me.  After discussing this issue with the initial technician’s supervisor I was told that I would need to talk to the next level supervisor who would have to call me back. I asked how long and I was told 30 minutes. After never receiving a call back had I decided to call Verizon again.  I once again I explained my situation and while the technicians were all very nice they told me there was nothing they could do.  I asked to speak to a higher level supervisor once again and was once again told that they would have to call me back, within 24-48 hours this time. I reluctantly agreed as it was my only option. It has now been 72 hours and I am yet to receive a call. This type of customer service is completely unacceptable. I have been a Verizon customer, and given them business on everything they offer, for multiple years.  The online package clearly states that HBO and Showtime should be included in my package. For Verizon to state that I signed up for something different is a complete joke as they know that when you go online it says HBO and Showtime should be included.   is making me consider moving to another provider which is a shame because their service used to be good.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could be of assistance, Paul!

Let us know if you have any other troubles with your service.

Best,

Art

0 Likes