Poor Installation - New FiOS TV, Internet, Phone Customer
plangetee

Dear Verizon,

On Sunday May 31st, a Verizon tech arrived at my townhouse (address omitted for privacy) to install new service for Verizon FiOS internet, TV and phone.  Verizon promised the tech would be at my house between 8AM and 9AM.  The tech arrived promptly at 8AM.

From there the tech informed me that he’d begin installation.  He told me he needed to install something outside of the house before the service would work.  He did not give me details; he did not inform me how or what would be installed.  I went upstairs while the tech worked.  I came downstairs half an hour later and found the tech had installed this in my kitchen hallway: 

Kitchen Hallway Installation Picture 1

Kitchen Hallway Installation Picture 2

Kitchen Hallway Installation Picture 3

Just last week my house paint job was completed plus brand-new 4” trim was installed.  This cost me several thousand dollars.  This brick, cord, and staples are an eyesore as they are in the kitchen hallway.  The tech left dirt/dust on the floor where he had performed the installation.  So, the tech’s installation have destroyed my freshly-painted walls and my brand-new trim. 

When I first saw what the tech had done I was in disbelief and shock.  He did not inform me that he would be screwing a power brick in the kitchen hallway, stapling the power cord to my trim, and using one of the outlets in my kitchen receptacle.  Verizon’s tech did not ask for or receive my approval before performing the installation of this power brick. 

When the tech left shortly before 9AM, I turned on my TV with FiOS.  The picture on the screen for every channel does not fit the screen.  It takes up maybe 70% of the screen but the rest is black.  The picture is poor quality as well.  The tech did not ameliorate this situation.

I proceeded to call Verizon Repair and talk with them.  I explained to the Verizon Repair rep the same situation I described above.  I was told a tech would arrive at my home at 6/1/2015 between 5:00 and 5:15PM, assess the damages, reimburse me for the damages, and install the system without the brick destroying my walls/trim and being in the hallway. 

When I got home around 5:00PM Verizon was not there.  I waited around for another half an hour.  During this time I received no phone calls from Verizon informing me that the tech would not arrive.  Verizon’s Repair team never arrived.

The black power brick in my freshly-painted and newly-trimmed hallway remains.  It will cost me several hundred dollars to have a professional patch, sand, and paint the area that the tech damaged.  Verizon has not fulfilled their promise to arrive at home and assess the damages so a repair can be made and the power brick can be relocated.  Also the picture on the TV is very poor as I described - this needs to be fixed.

What can Verizon do to fix this situation?

Regards,

Phillip P

(address omitted for privacy)

0 Likes
Re: Poor Installation - New FiOS TV, Internet, Phone Customer
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi plangetee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes