Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Problem Creating Community Profile

SOLVED
Reply
rich_lux
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎02-15-2012

Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 1 of 7
(1,292 Views)

I have a MyVerizon account and a while back I created a separate account for the community forums. When I login with my Verizon account and try to go to the forums, it tells me I must create a Profile. When I try to create a profile and use my username or my email, it tells me it is in use already and won't let me create one.  This means I can never access the forums if I am logged into MyVerizon.  I want to know if I can join the two accounts together so I can use my Verizon login for the forums.  Alternatively, I would like to delete my separate Community account and create a Profile for my Verizon account using my username and email.  Is there anyone who can help with this?

Rich

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 5,234
Registered: ‎10-18-2016

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 5 of 7
(1,225 Views)

Oh I forgot, you must not be logged on to the myverizon portal. If you are log out.

forums.verizon.com and then use community only id and password.

 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 5,234
Registered: ‎10-18-2016

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 2 of 7
(1,258 Views)

@rich_lux wrote:

I have a MyVerizon account and a while back I created a separate account for the community forums. When I login with my Verizon account and try to go to the forums, it tells me I must create a Profile. When I try to create a profile and use my username or my email, it tells me it is in use already and won't let me create one.  This means I can never access the forums if I am logged into MyVerizon.  I want to know if I can join the two accounts together so I can use my Verizon login for the forums.  Alternatively, I would like to delete my separate Community account and create a Profile for my Verizon account using my username and email.  Is there anyone who can help with this?

Rich

 


Let me tell you never combine the my Verizon account (used for billing and account changes) with a community only user id. I separate the two and I have a different one for my wireless account.

you will be happy later that you did. 😀

 

rich_lux
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎02-15-2012

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 3 of 7
(1,244 Views)

@jonjones wrote:


Let me tell you never combine the my Verizon account (used for billing and account changes) with a community only user id. I separate the two and I have a different one for my wireless account.

you will be happy later that you did.

 


The problem with that is when I'm already logged into My Verizon and go to the community forums, I can't login there.  When I click the "sign in" link on the forums, it sees that I'm logged into My Verizon and tells me to create a profile.  It won't let me login with my community only ID.

Rich

 

jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 5,234
Registered: ‎10-18-2016

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 4 of 7
(1,226 Views)

@rich_lux wrote:

@jonjones wrote:


Let me tell you never combine the my Verizon account (used for billing and account changes) with a community only user id. I separate the two and I have a different one for my wireless account.

you will be happy later that you did.

 


The problem with that is when I'm already logged into My Verizon and go to the community forums, I can't login there.  When I click the "sign in" link on the forums, it sees that I'm logged into My Verizon and tells me to create a profile.  It won't let me login with my community only ID.

Rich

 


You must be at a start page like forums.verizon.com

you click on the sign on with community id. Do not logon with your Verizon account credentials or that which you have experienced will begin the process over and over.

i just created a name for the community and used a throw away email address other than the myverizon log in portal name and email.

like I said when I login now I use the community login for here, and my real name and email for my account. 

 

jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 5,234
Registered: ‎10-18-2016

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 5 of 7
(1,226 Views)

Oh I forgot, you must not be logged on to the myverizon portal. If you are log out.

forums.verizon.com and then use community only id and password.

 

View solution in original post

rich_lux
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎02-15-2012

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 6 of 7
(1,216 Views)

@jonjones wrote:

Oh I forgot, you must not be logged on to the myverizon portal. If you are log out.

forums.verizon.com and then use community only id and password.

 


Got it.  It will work if I do that, but I hate having to log in and out all the time.

Rich

jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 5,234
Registered: ‎10-18-2016

Re: Problem Creating Community Profile

Message 7 of 7
(1,201 Views)

@rich_lux wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

Oh I forgot, you must not be logged on to the myverizon portal. If you are log out.

forums.verizon.com and then use community only id and password.

 


Got it.  It will work if I do that, but I hate having to log in and out all the time.

Rich


Personally I only use the myverizon portal when I view and make one time payments to my Fios account. 

If I am going to read or give advice, I don’t like being tracked etc. so I use my Jonjones community forum ID. 

I do the same for the Verizon Wireless web portal. Just to view and make one time payment on my wireless invoice. I also make sure I receive a paper invoice for every account.

Totally different name of course but no conflicts on the accounts. 

You will get use to it, believe me.

i post under a totally different user name and passcode on DSLReports as well. 

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.