Problems With Tieing Internet Account To Primary Phone Number
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

My parents decided to get rid of some phone (land) lines to cut down on  the phone bills and one of them happened to be the 'primary' phone number tied to the internet/billing account and now I can't access some of the functions on the account because the primary phone number isn't linked to the account anymore...

You try and figure what that means... this is the system Verizon came up with... tieing the account to the primary phone... and what happens to the account when the primary phone is no longer associated with the phone number.

I don't know how to more accurately describe the problem.

I'm having problems accessing the Verizon account, because the primary phone number/line was disconnected.

Maybe someone could look into it, or someone could bring up the subject at the next meeting on process improvement.

0 Likes
Re: Problems With Tieing Internet Account To Primary Phone Number
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you tried logging into your account using the primary verizon.net email address and password?  I am a current FIOS Internet/TV customer and access everything with my primary verizon.net email and password without issue.

If that doesn't work you are going to have to call Verizon support and sort that out.  These are peer-to-peer forums and generally not seen by many VZ employees.

OlenAhckre

When I say Internet account, I mean the web login account to view my phone bill.

My parents subscribed to multiple land lines to help run the farm we live on.

Verizon ties the phone bill account to a 'primary' phone number, which my parents decided to get rid of when they switched over to wireless.

Unfortunately, we still have one land line which I'm trying to link to the wireless account to simplify billing.

I think the land line account got 'orphaned' when the primary number was disconnected.

Verizon doesn't seem to have a problem billing me, but I can't view the billing information on the web.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Your best bet is to call 888-553-1555 and have them straighten it out.  No one here can do that for you since these are peer to peer forums.

0 Likes