Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Purchasing Quantum Ch. 500 (Unauthorized purchases)

pennpaddler
Contributor
Contributor

Purchasing Quantum Ch. 500 (Unauthorized purchases)

Message 1 of 2
(613 Views)

Verizon now offers the ability to upgrade to Quantum for $10 a month.  This can be done with 2 simple clicks of the 'OK' button.  (1) to select the channel, (2) to agree to purchase the product.

VOD purchases are slightly more complex, such that my 2 yr old had virtually no chance of completing this accidentally.  The Quantum purchase is quite simple, and I definitly have seen my 2 & 4 yr old press those buttons to select the channel they want to watch.

This is a billiing nightmare waiting to happen for me.  I have no need or desire to purchase this in the near future.

I don't like the probabliliy of access with kids operating the remote.

How does verizon verify that a purchase made in such a manner was made by an authorized individual?

How can I prevent unauthorized purchases?

1 REPLY 1
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Purchasing Quantum Ch. 500 (Unauthorized purchases)

Message 2 of 2
(540 Views)

Set purchase controls and parental controls under settings, to require apin number. You can have seperate for each.. If you have 2-4yr olds playing with the remote, they probably can't read all the adult content in the menus, but probably can see the pictures. Block the adult menu content also.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.