[Questions] Identification Verification
imkoyichun

I just ordered a service last night, and I got an email asking for identification verification.

For which I need to provide one set of the following forms of identification (please do not send originals). 

Copies of one photo and one non-photo identification
OR
Copies of three forms of non-photo identification 

Most important, all identification must be notarized.

What does it mean by all identification must be notarized?

Can't I just  copy my ID's and mail it to them?
Should I sign on that copy so that it is notarized?

Or can I go to a local store to do identification verification?

What should I do? This is so annoying!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: [Questions] Identification Verification
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

A Notary Public can sign them for you. There would be a small fee for this service. The point is to have your signature validated by someone who could be relied on to have verified your information as accurate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

A Notary Public can sign them for you. There would be a small fee for this service. The point is to have your signature validated by someone who could be relied on to have verified your information as accurate.

0 Likes
mtibay

I submitted an order last week for internet & tv service. I sent copies of my ID the following day but I reread the directions and found that I'm supposed to notarize these copies.

So, I went to the bank to get this done, but they had explained to me that they are NOT ALLOWED to notarize any copies of legal documents (ie passport/license). They can only notarize a signature.

Can you please explain to me who can notarize copies of my ID?

Thanks & best regards,

Marifae

0 Likes