Refer a Friend
davidscott1

Something told me when I signed up for Verizon last April I would be dealing with this, and I should have listened to myself.

I used a referal code from a friend of a friend when I signed up for triple play, which came with the 12-month netflix (which I never signed up for) and a prepaid verizon gift card of $100. When I signed up, I made sure that the referral code would be honored and explained I would rather have the $100 visa gift card then something I already had (netflix) or couldn't use anywhere else (the verizon gift card). I was told explicitly (I have this in writing) that both will be honored as they are separate offers.

Fast forward a few months and I log in to my Fios account and click the refer a friend box, and there is a link for me to claim my referall bonus. After that, crickets. No e-mail follow up, and when I went to check the link, it was gone! my biggest mistake was not screen-shotting that but apparently, as I explain below, it wouldn't have mattered. I spent about an hour searching the web and my Fios page to see if I can find this disappearing link, but with no luck, so I began the horrible task of contacting Fios agents. 

Two months ago, I got on the chat message with the Fios bot and they assured me everything was fine, to just be patient. Right.

Last month, I actually called an agent and after 30 minutes, they told me that it should be coming.

HOWEVER, yesterday, I called, and the lady I spoke deflected literally everything I said and eventually told me that I was not eligible for it (which contradicts the written communication I had during my sign-up). When she saw that I had written communication suggesting otherwise, she said she has to make a claim through th rewards progam (who I was told I am not allowed to talk to directly as its "all over e-mail"). She informed me that I would have to give her the full name of the person who referred me, his referral code, and other information that I did not have handy (honeslty who keeps a record of a referal code they used months ago!).

I am so angry at this whole process because I knew I would have to fight to get something that was offered to me. It is insane the hoops I've had to jump through to get a freaking gift card, and the hoops they are making me jump through to have to get it. My call yesterday left me absolutely FURIOUS because Fios has a record of my order, all of my messages, and are still asking ME for information that THEY have. Its clearly part of their process to just fight back hoping that I will go away and I'm sure thousands of others have given up or been detered, but this is not going to happen. This is one of the bigger scams I've dealt with in my life, the old bait-and-switch from one of the largest companies in the country. All for a $100 gift card. 

The constant flip-flopping from your agents, the lack of communication and transparanecy from this process, and the impossibility it is to get a consistent answer makes me regret ever signing up for Fios. I am entitled to a $100 Visa Gift Card and I am sick of this game you all are playing.

0 Likes
Re: Refer a Friend
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi davidscott,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes