Referral program
JimMac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last week my son signed up for Fios and will leave Comcast mainly because of their lack of standing behind that which they promise.

Here's a problem he has now with Verizon and standing behind a promise / statement made by the Verizon representative who took his application over the phone. 

My son  signed up for service and while doing so he asked if there was a Referral program since I do have and am content with Fios and we sat for a couple hours discussing the Pros and Cons of Fios.  The Verizon representative told him there was a Referral program and how to go about registering online.  At that time my son said that he should probably wait and register for the Referral program before he signed up so we would receive the Referral bonus.  Your representative told him there was no need to do that and there would be problem with him signing up for Fios now and doing the online Referral later to receive the bonus- it's done all the time.  So that same evening we went online and registered for the Referral.  He and I both received emails of the Referral and followed the links and instructions but it would not accept the data.  At that time he called Verizon to see what we were doing wrong and was told he needed to go to a different website.  He tried that the next day, again it did not work, so he made another phone call.  This time he was told the online Referral needed to be completed before signing up for service and that the representative he spoke to was wrong and nothing could be done - we were not eligible for the bonus.  He told me he thought he was back with Comcast - promises not kept.  He is going to stay with Fios as he will receive more services for less money than Comcast, but this has put him on the defensive for the future.  In retrospect he feels the representative was out for the sale only and would say anything to "Get the sale" and commission if that applies.

If I may suggest reviewing the recorded application conversation and making it right or at the very least retraining your representative.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Re: Referral program
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative . Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

Re: Referral program
jandrewmorrison
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is quite stingy with their referal program... there was a time when they offered $150 for referring someone.  Now they have busted more unions, fired more employees, increased proftis, and are offering a $5 cup of coffee for referring people.  

The fios product is great, but as a corporation verizon is among the lowest of the bottom feeders.

It's a shame they are so much more worried about their CEO compensation and shareholders profits instead of taking pride in the improvements they have made to communication in America and rewarding their loyal customers who help them get the word out.

Also, it's funny they can pay a moderator to come on here telling people their posts are inappropriate, but can afford to give line-men who go out in the Northeastern Winters to keep our phones functioning medical coverage.  Perhaps being a good company would be cheaper in the wrong run than being scummy, and still paying people to keep you looking like a good company.